News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI 200 Google Voice setup problem

Started by mont, June 23, 2019, 11:14:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mont

Hi,

I just got OBI 200 and can't configure Google Voice service. I tried several times and got "Service Not Configured" every time (after several minutes of "Configuring" spinning). The things I've tried so far:

1. Initial adding of Google Voice didn't work ("Service Not Configured")
2. Go to setup page and click save - no success (configuring ... ->service not configured)
3. Deleted device, add and configure it again - no success
4. Delete device, factory reset, add device, configure google voice - no success

Please, tell me what else should I try. Device looks functional, I could call test 222 number. It's just Google Voice I can't connect.

Please advice, Google Voice was the only reason I've purchased it.

Thanks

AzLion

I'm having the exact same problem. I've tried the same steps multiple times with the same results. I've even tried upgrading the firmware on the device, but the device indicated it was the same version already installed.

The one thing I would add is "Google Voiceâ„¢ Additional Terms of Service" was blank, except for a message stating, "support.google.com refused to connect."

My guess is that Google Voice changed something, and Obitalk service provisioning is no longer compatible. Perhaps someone has some confirmation on this.

I also tried setting the DNS as mentioned in the page below with no success:
https://www.obitalk.com/info/faq/GV-and-the-OBi/status-always-show-connecting-to

Thanks,
Phillip.

LHBEAU

Same exact issue for me today.  I'm guessing there is an issue with Google and OBI not playing nice this weekend. Very frustrating waste of a sunny morning.

k_man

tried the same steps multiple times on 6/23/2019 and early 6/24/2019 and the same exact issue still persists as of 6/24/2019 6:30AM EST

sleepi

Same issue!!  Anyone from OBi have an answer o why this is happening?

MatthewB

I am experiencing the exact same problem. I've tried factory resetting, deleting/re-adding and configuring device, but nothing works. Still getting the Service Not Configured message.

DerekfromMadison

another user checking in. Still broken.

Scott72

Ditto here. Finally bought a OBI200 on Saturday to replace the OBI100 and essentially the same issue - no service, though different reason I'm sure. Reset/set up dozens of times it seems. Hoping it's just temporary and once it's working it stays working, otherwise back to Amazon...

DerekfromMadison

Can we get someone from Polycom to weigh in here? At least tell us that they are aware of the issue?

MatthewB

If I delete and then re-add my device and attempt to re-configure with Google Voice, the phone line on the OBI 200 blinks periodically before it decides to fail to configure again. It's been a problem since yesterday and I'm pretty sure the problem isn't on my end.

drgeoff

All of you calm down and try reading some of the other current threads about this.  SteveInWA and I have told you to wait.

mccutchen

So waiting will solve the issue?   No action required from us?

catchnsk

does any one know when it will be resolved ? any ETA...

MatthewB

I unplugged it for an hour, restarted and attempted to configure and the problem still persists. I've double-checked the firmware and there are no updates available. Is Polycom just ignoring this issue?

Taoman

I just added an OBi202 to OBiTALK and it now appears on the dashboard. I then added my Google Voice account. I did get an error message when adding GV ("support.google.com refused to connect") but I just kept on proceeding thru the different screens and setup process.
Everything worked as expected and Google Voice showed up on the dashboard as "Connected." I then tested incoming and outgoing calls and everything worked as expected.

So AFAICT, other than the weird Google error message I saw during setup everything appears to be working normally.*

*On the device setup page it did say "Configuring" with a spinning spiral for a long period of time but I have found that to be normal. I just ignore it and go to the dashboard. On the main dashboard it said Connected after a few minutes. It also said Connected when logged into the web gui of the OBi device on my local network. So you need to have patience during the setup process. Even though it may appear as if things aren't working they actually are. At least that's the way it worked for me.

Edit: My OBi202 is on firmware level 3.2.2 (Build: 5921EX).

drgeoff

Quote from: MatthewB on June 24, 2019, 10:56:13 AMI've double-checked the firmware and there are no updates available.
Why do you think a firmware update to your OBi would fix a faulty remote server?

ShazamInForum

It looks like system is back up.  But you must re-authenticate back to your GV account again, if your GV account still showing the status "service not configure".

Sign back into your OBiTALK account if you're already signed out, select that OBi 9-digit numbers, delete that GV account with status "service not configure" from SP1 (or SPx).  Click that SP1 again, re-authenticate back to that same GV account.  Allow sometime.  Your SP1 (or SPx) will get status "Connected" then test your calls, incoming and outgoing.

Also, go into your Google Voice account for Settings, at the My devices, make sure to see the "OBiTALK Device - 9 digit numbers" again.

Good luck!

MatthewB

Henboy

I have tried again, but now mine just says "offline." Am I doing something wrong?