News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV error: Connect Failed: 403 Forbidden;Token Error

Started by jimtreeves, June 25, 2019, 05:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimtreeves

I have read most of the nessageshere and waited this weekend after on going error message.

GV worked on my 202 yesterday 12n Pst but now I get this message: Connect Failed: 403 Forbidden;Token Error

Any feed back from drgeoff or  SteveInWA would be helpful. I do read the post here on the forums before posting - that is what I learned using various software over the years/decades.

SteveInWA

Hi Jim:  thanks for "doing your homework first"!

That error suggests that there is a problem with the Google/Gmail account you used to set up your device.  Perhaps the account was deleted, or suspended, or it has some other problem.

The way to troubleshoot this is to start by unplugging your OBi 202 from power, and diagnose whether Google Voice itself is at fault.

Use a desktop or laptop computer running either Google Chrome Browser or Firefox (no others).  Go here:  https://voice.google.com/settings.  Do you see your Google Voice number at the top of the page?  If not, you are either signed into the wrong Google account, or something happened to your number.  Do you get a page with an error message that you cannot access the service?  That would display if the service was suspended for abuse.

Assuming you do see your number, now close Settings and go to the Calls section.  Click "Make a call", and try making an outbound call.  Does that work?  If not, stop and report back.  If so, try having somebody call your Google Voice number.  It should ring on your computer.  Does that work?

jimtreeves

Thank you, it is working now. I deleted OBI from GV settings, unplugged OBI202, deleted the OBI settings and reinstalled on the OBI portal. Both are now connected.

Please understand my, and others, frustrations, based on the weekend outage. I read forum posts here, and try to troubleshot until I get no where. I appreciated your postings as they do keep me informed of solutions to problems others have. Since I am asking for free advice I try to keep it civil as I know you do not control this system. End rant.

SleepyCatzzz

I have OBi200 connected to Google Voice. I couldn't call out, got a bot lady saying the connection was refused by the Service Provider.

TL dr;
Steps to fix that worked in my case:
1. Log in to voice.google.com with the account tied to OBi, making sure no other log-ins to google are active.
2. If the OBi200 is listed under My Devices, delete it. Registration is no longer needed, just removes that complexity.
2. Make sure your phone number is listed in the upper right. If not, fix that with help from google articles.
3. Make sure you can call out via your voice.google.com web page using the phone pad in lower right. Do Not Proceed until this is all ok, which shows no fault with Google Voice account.
4. Log in to OBiTalk and click Dashboard. Look at SP1 status in the section below the device information. Mine read: Connect Failed: 403 Forbidden;Token Error. It had a trash can in the next column. Click it to delete SP1, you will re-configure it.
5. Set up the SP1 using video at https://youtu.be/Xw8ZZKxsYPw. The status in my case did not say connected, it said "Registration is not required" but at least it didn't list a token error. I still couldn't call out, but do this anyway to make sure the software is the latest used.
6. Power down your router, and the OBi200 for a few minutes. Power up the router, then the OBi200.

It all works now. I don't know for sure that steps 4 and 5 are needed. You may be able to fix by ensuring you can call via google voice on their web page, then doing step 6 first. Advice: Don't bother updating firmware before trying this, you might break something. Hope this helps.

SteveInWA

Quote from: SleepyCatzzz on June 13, 2021, 10:34:37 AM
I have OBi200 connected to Google Voice. I couldn't call out, got a bot lady saying the connection was refused by the Service Provider.

TL dr;
Steps to fix that worked in my case:
1. Log in to voice.google.com with the account tied to OBi, making sure no other log-ins to google are active.
2. If the OBi200 is listed under My Devices, delete it. Registration is no longer needed, just removes that complexity.
2. Make sure your phone number is listed in the upper right. If not, fix that with help from google articles.
3. Make sure you can call out via your voice.google.com web page using the phone pad in lower right. Do Not Proceed until this is all ok, which shows no fault with Google Voice account.
4. Log in to OBiTalk and click Dashboard. Look at SP1 status in the section below the device information. Mine read: Connect Failed: 403 Forbidden;Token Error. It had a trash can in the next column. Click it to delete SP1, you will re-configure it.
5. Set up the SP1 using video at https://youtu.be/Xw8ZZKxsYPw. The status in my case did not say connected, it said "Registration is not required" but at least it didn't list a token error. I still couldn't call out, but do this anyway to make sure the software is the latest used.
6. Power down your router, and the OBi200 for a few minutes. Power up the router, then the OBi200.

It all works now. I don't know for sure that steps 4 and 5 are needed. You may be able to fix by ensuring you can call via google voice on their web page, then doing step 6 first. Advice: Don't bother updating firmware before trying this, you might break something. Hope this helps.

That is a big waste of time.  If your device was failing before, it will very likely start failing again later.

SoNic67

My OBi202 went back "Connected" overnight, without my intervention. S-E VA here.
Placed a call, all works.

rremitsch

Started working this morning for me apparently after google/poly backend fixes.

Thanks!