News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

They still can't hear me. Might return it!

Started by jmsnyc, September 24, 2011, 08:26:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmsnyc

I am getting really frustrated.  I know there are other threads but I what I do not know is the real solution.  I started a new thread because the other thread is marked "Fixed" but the problem still seems to be out there for myself and others.

This is Google Voice which apparently does not use sip so Port Forwarding makes no sense as a solution.  If it does, please explain.

A phone is not functional if on half the calls the other caller can't hear me - I have the latest firmware updated within the past month.

I am still within 30 days of my purchase so if I can't resolve this soon I will be initiating a return with Amazon.

Dav3yDark0

Have you tried connecting your OBi to your cable/DSL modem directly without a router in between? Routers are often the culprit in these types of problems, and by removing it from the equation it would help to debug the problem you are having.

Dave

QBZappy

Hi jmsnyc,

This might be a long shot. I'm not really sure it will make a difference since I have not read anyone needing it on this forum. However on the PIAF PBX forum they mention to forward this port. I also googled these other references which might be of interest.

Google Talk enabling it?:
Port forward UDP/TCP 5222 to the OBi

"The service is hosted at talk.google.com on port 5222"

http://code.google.com/apis/talk/open_communications.html

Also Google Voice and Video Firewall Ports:
TCP 19294
UDP 19295
UDP 19302

http://www.jasonmcneil.net/blog/google-voice-and-video-firewall-ports/
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

jmsnyc

Ok.  Thanks for the responses.   Obi supposedly pushed a firmware update.  I had updated it manually within the past two weeks so I am not sure if the version is newer.

However since the problem is sporatic I am not sure if it is resolved.

If I enable port forwarding on 5222 and these:
TCP 19294
UDP 19295
UDP 19302

Should I put the ip address (static) of the obi in the int field or the src field?

Thanks.