News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Trouble Transferring Anveo 911 to new device

Started by bhasden, June 27, 2019, 10:13:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bhasden

I'm trying to setup Anveo 911 service on a new OBI200 device. I have an active Anveo 911 account from my previous OBI200 device that recently died. After clicking the "Anveo E911 Sign-up" button, checking the "Restore Previous Service" checkbox, and going through the login process I get the following error from Anveo:

"There was an error contacting OBiTALK server. Please login into OBiTALK portal and restart E911 process."

When I return to the OBiTALK dashboard, I see Anveo E911 listed as an SP with the status "Initiated, Pending update", but it never finishes the setup.

I've searched online and in the forums and tried a few things, but nothing has worked for me yet. Thanks.

ShazamInForum

Leave your SP with the status "Initiated, Pending update".

Open new browser tab, sign into your Anveo account, www.anveo.com.  Select the link "How to connect", retrieve/note down Username and Password.

Go back to OBiTALK account of yours, go to the OBi Expert Page:
-Click OBi number 510 XXX XXX for Device Configuration page
-Click the OBi Expert Configuration blue button
-Click OK
-Click Enter OBi Expert blue button
-Go to Voice Services / to that SPx Service (where your Anveo is, most likely SP2)

Go to Credentials.  For AuthUserName and AuthPassword.

To the right of both, uncheck box for OBiTALK Settings then uncheck box for Device Default, input the Anveo username and Anveo password.  Scroll to bottom and click Submit to lock changes.  Allow sometime.  Your SP with Anveo should be "Registered".  Once "Registered", dial 933.

Good luck!

bhasden

Quote from: ShazamInForum on June 27, 2019, 10:58:19 AM
Leave your SP with the status "Initiated, Pending update".

Open new browser tab, sign into your Anveo account, www.anveo.com.  Select the link "How to connect", retrieve/note down Username and Password.

Go back to OBiTALK account of yours, go to the OBi Expert Page:
-Click OBi number 510 XXX XXX for Device Configuration page
-Click the OBi Expert Configuration blue button
-Click OK
-Click Enter OBi Expert blue button
-Go to Voice Services / to that SPx Service (where your Anveo is, most likely SP2)

Go to Credentials.  For AuthUserName and AuthPassword.

To the right of both, uncheck box for OBiTALK Settings then uncheck box for Device Default, input the Anveo username and Anveo password.  Scroll to bottom and click Submit to lock changes.  Allow sometime.  Your SP with Anveo should be "Registered".  Once "Registered", dial 933.

Good luck!

Thank you very much for your help. Do I need to configure the proxy server anywhere?

bhasden

Quote from: ShazamInForum on June 27, 2019, 11:21:52 AM
No.

Good luck!

Unfortunately, this didn't work. I went through the process a number of times, including completely resetting the device back to factory settings. However, thank you for your quick responses and willingness to help.

Sadly, it looks like it's time for me to leave the Obihai bandwagon. I've owned a number of Obihai devices over the years and recently included them in a recommendation list that was provided to a small non-profit looking to transition to the VOIP world. With the current issues and lack of support, the non-profit will likely need to go a different direction.

bhasden

Quote from: bhasden on June 28, 2019, 07:39:01 AM
Quote from: ShazamInForum on June 27, 2019, 11:21:52 AM
No.

Good luck!

Unfortunately, this didn't work. I went through the process a number of times, including completely resetting the device back to factory settings. However, thank you for your quick responses and willingness to help.

Sadly, it looks like it's time for me to leave the Obihai bandwagon. I've owned a number of Obihai devices over the years and recently included them in a recommendation list that was provided to a small non-profit looking to transition to the VOIP world. With the current issues and lack of support, the non-profit will likely need to go a different direction.

Support reached out to me on Friday and resolved the issue somehow. They needed my Anveo username and password (curiously, they wanted me to email it but would take it over PM here because the forum isn't secure?). Nonetheless, everything is resolved now.

sabre

i am having the same exact issue right now :-( i cant get a hold of anyone

sabre

ShazamInForum

To sabre,

What steps did you go through to make it work?  Give us the details (step-by-steps) so others in similar issues can use.  Was it locally, within the OBi device web-portal?  Or, within your OBiTALK account's OBi Expert page...?

Thanks!