News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI212... has not received a response from the service provider

Started by chiptape, July 01, 2019, 11:47:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chiptape

Hi.

I'm using OBI212 connected to POTS since March 2018.
Lately I'm getting a lot of "has not received a response from the service provider" errors intermittently.

Any advice?

drgeoff

Quote from: chiptape on July 01, 2019, 11:47:29 AM
Hi.

I'm using OBI212 connected to POTS since March 2018.
Lately I'm getting a lot of "has not received a response from the service provider" errors intermittently.

Any advice?

Your post is almost totally devoid of useful information.

As far as I am aware the "has not received a response from the service provider" message is only generated on call attempts via an Internet Telephony Service Provider, not POTS.  Yet you have written nothing about the ITSP(s) configured on the OBi212.

chiptape

Yeah, sorry.

Does the attached JPG [Oh no that was unwise] mean anything...

Thanks for your reply.

drgeoff

Quote from: chiptape on July 01, 2019, 09:29:32 PM
Yeah, sorry.

Does the attached JPG mean anything...

Thanks for your reply.
It means:

1.  You don't realise it is unwise to publicise your OBi's 9 digit number.

2.  You don't realise that PNG is a more appropriate compression method than JPEG for screengrabs of text/graphics.

but in relation to the problem you need help with

3.  It looks like you have Google Voice configured on SP1

4.  You have a SIP ITSP configured on SP2.  Is that for 911 service?

Are you getting the "no response" messages when trying to call using GV?  What if anything do you do to be able to successfully make calls again?

When you get the "no response" message, try dialling the echo test number **9 222 222 222.  Do you hear "Welcome to Obitalk ..." or do you hear an error message?

chiptape

Hi.

Yes, SP2 is for 911.

Yes, we get the "no response" message when calling out using GV.  I assume it's using GV, because I disconnected our inside phone wiring from the outside phone line.

We get the "no response" message intermittently.  I tried some stuff, but I don't think it did any good.  It just heals itself? after awhile.

I tried unplugging the obi212...
checking the IP (It doesn't change)...
Enabling auto-provisioning (didn't update... obi212 is too old?)...
Switching to the obi212's "LAN" ethernet port instead of the "Internet" ethernet port (can't make calls)...

I'm not currently getting the "no response" message.  I'll try the **9 222 222 222 if I do.

thx

chiptape

Hi.

When dialing **9 222 222 222, it says "Welcome to Obitalk..."

thx