News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

cant receive calls

Started by mtsmello, July 03, 2019, 04:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtsmello

hi i have a GV configured on SP2 and an ip phone one SP3 everything works fine , i can make calls but i cant receive , on GV it all looks ok , i had it working before ,i could receive calls but i didnt get caller ID , i tried the modify X_InboundCallRoute to ring with my land line to ph,sp3(LINE3@local_client) and didnt work , i put it back to sp3(LINE3@local_client) now nothing works , i cant receive calls at all , before i could get calls but the caller id just showed  "LINE3"  any clues?

SteveInWA

Ok, so you've made a mess with your configuration changes.  This is probably a basic problem, though.

Use a desktop web browser.  Press Ctrl-Shift-P if you're using Firefox, or press Ctrl-Shift-N if you're using Chrome or Safari, to open a "private" or "incognito" browsing window.  In that window, sign into the one, and only one Google/Gmail account that holds your Google Voice number, and go here:  https://voice.google.com/settings.  Do you see your inbound Google Voice number at the top of the page?  If not, this is the wrong Google account.  Close the browser, open it again, and open a new private/incognito window, and repeat, until you find your Google Voice number.  You cannot proceed without doing this first.  Once you find it, press Ctrl-T on that private/incognito window to open a new browser tab.  On that tab, sign into your OBiTALK dashboard:  http://www.obitalk.com/obinet/pg/obhdev.

Completelyl delete both OBi devices off of the OBiTALK dashboard.  Wait a few minutes for the system to remotely reset their configurations.  Pick up the phone on each OBi device, key in ***8, then 1 to restore the device to factory defaults.  Add one of the devices back to the dashboard.  After the device is successfully added, go through the Google Voice setup.  When presented with the pop-up screen to confirm you're using the correct Google/Gmail address, make darn sure it shows the same address that holds your GV number.  Finish the procedure and it should work properly.

Repeat this with the other OBi device.  Do NOT make any expert mode changes.

azrobert

Quote from: SteveInWA on July 03, 2019, 08:09:08 PM
Do NOT make any expert mode changes.

I'm sure you know that using OBi Expert is required to get your IP Phone working.

When you bridge a call to an IP phone, the AuthUserName is used for the CallerID. To pass the inbound CallerID, you need to enable (Check) X_SpoofCallerID. It is found here:
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile C SIP -> X_SpoofCallerid.

Make sure your phone is registering to your OBi. In OBi Expert go to System/System Status. Scroll down to SP3 Service Status. It will show the Phone's IP address if it's registered. It won't ring if it's not registered.

Your inbound call route syntax is correct, so I don't know why the local phone isn't ringing. Do you have DND enabled? Does the phone port LED flash when you call? You can look at the Call History to check if the call is reaching your OBi.