News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help needing setting up Obi202

Started by EddieC, July 05, 2019, 02:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EddieC

I have setup two Google Voice accounts and have 2 separate phone numbers from these Google Voice accounts that I want to use with my Obi202.  I have successfully setup the first Google Voice number on the Obi202.  My questions are: 

1. What is the correct process for setting up the 2nd Google Voice number?
2. Do I need to setup a second ObiTalk account for the second number OR do I use the same account that I used for the first line?
3. I login to my ObiTalk account through my Google Account that was setup for the first Google Talk number. Obviously my second Google Voice number is on ANOTHER Google account. How does this work?

Any assistance in walking me through the details here would be appreciated.

SteveInWA

Google Voice is a service, just like Gmail, Calendar, Contacts, etc.  All Google services are assigned to a Google account (Gmail address and password).  So, you have two different Google accounts, and each one has its own Google Voice number.   One OBi 202 can be connected to up to four different Google/Gmail accounts.

All you need to do is to sign into the correct Gmail account that has the number you want to use on SP2, then press Ctrl-T to open a new browser tab.  Click SP2 to begin the procedure to set up Google Voice.  When it gets to the step where it asks you to approve it accessing that account's Google Voice service, look closely at the Gmail address(es) displayed, and make sure you select the correct one that holds the second number.

This is separate and unrelated to the fact that you use your Google sign-in as your OBiTALK sign-in.