News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

1-800-DISCOVER and other too-many digits errors

Started by rob613, July 09, 2019, 06:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rob613

When I hit redial after making a call which required sending DTMF, or if I remember an acronym such as 800-DISCOVER, I get an error recording generated from my Obi devices.

On other systems, such as land line phones or other ATA devices connected to Asterisk or other systems it seems that they truncate to the right number of digits to initiate the call.

What is the right behavior?  How often do Obi users get this type of problem?

At least I have no learned to count all the way to 11 or 12 more reliably through this issue, eventually.

azrobert

The default digit map will accept any number of digits you enter. You can modify the digit map to only accept 10 or 11 N. American numbers. The following assumes your primary line is SP1. Use OBi Expert to make this change.

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A General -> DigitMap
The default is:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

Change it to:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.)

xx. and [^*#]@@. caused your problem. They will match any number of digits. Now as soon as the OBi receives 10 or 11 digits, it will make the call and ignore any additional digits. The bad news is you won't be able to dial any non-standard numbers. You might have to make changes for 911.