News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Two numbers

Started by Dickie, July 16, 2019, 10:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dickie

I got two different numbers different account at Google how do I get them to work with my OBi202 one of the number is on port 1, how do I get the other to work on port 2,?

ShazamInForum

When adding the 1st Google Voice account (to SP1), in the Configuration box, checkmark boxes for all Phone 1 for outbound and incoming.  Phone 1 is for Phone 1 port.

Do the same when adding your 2nd Google Voice account (to SP2), be sure to check boxes all for Phone 2, Phone 2 is for Phone 2 Port.

And remember that the OBi202 Phone 1 port has 4 active wire and for 2-LINE phone only.  While Phone 2 port has a single active pair for SINGLE-LINE phone connections.

drgeoff

Quote from: ShazamInForum on July 17, 2019, 08:47:59 AM
And remember that the OBi202 Phone 1 port has 4 active wire and for 2-LINE phone only.  While Phone 2 port has a single active pair for SINGLE-LINE phone connections.
The first sentence of the above appears to say that the PHONE1 port can only be used with a 2-line phone, meaning that a single line phone will not work. Of course that is not the case.

ShazamInForum

To drgeoff,

Yes, you are correct in correcting me.

Should be "And remember that the OBi202 Phone 1 port has 4 active wire and good for a 2-LINE phone" but also good for single-line phone.

The "only" should not be there.  Thank you.