News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Wrong OBI No

Started by Johanski, July 20, 2019, 09:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johanski

I purchased a obi200 from Amazon which I received seven hours ago. since then I have been trying to connect my deice to OBITALK with no result. I have not been able to call the 222 number or **5 . on top of that in my dashboard it shows that my obi number is 290 463 559 where the tag on the device shows OBI No 510 517 555. Also there are warning in red letters telling me that OBI 100/110 is outdated and I should be upgrading the device to a newer version. I am not really sure what is going on and how a replacement device for a landline phone with all the advertisement of easy installation can cause such a headache that I am about to send this promised device back to where it came from. :-\

drgeoff

A pound to a penny that the 290.... number has the word "softphone" close to it. Every account on obitalk.com is allocated a softphone number. It is not the number of your OBi200 and you can ignore it.

The warning about OBi100/110 being End-of-Life appears on everyone's dashboard.  Again you can ignore that.

Until you can dial **9 222 222 222 and hear "Welcome to Obitalk ...." you will make no progress. What does happen when you dial that number? Do you hear dial tone when you take the phone off-hook? Does it go away when you start to dial? OBis do not support pulse dialling. You must use a phone that tone dials. If yours can do both check that it is set to tone.

Also it is not wise to publicise your 9 digit numbers. You may wish to modify your post.

ShazamInForum

To Johanski,

Making sure no other 3rd party devices (i.e. hub, switch, etc...) connected.  Connect the OBi200 to the router, dial ***8, 1 and then hang up.  When you hear dial tone once more, dial Echo Test (**9 222 222 222) again to make sure it's good.  Dial ***1 to hear your IP Address.

Sign back into www.obitalk.com and see if you can add your OBi device.  Let us know.