News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Relationship with mobile carrier after porting to Google voice!

Started by thehay95, July 13, 2019, 11:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thehay95

I was in the process of porting my old phone number to t mobile, and then to Google voice. I am wondering that after I move my number from t mobile to Google voice, is my relationship with t mobile over and my sim card account with t mobile won't work any more. Am I right?
Is it possible then to remove the sim card on my mobile phone since Google voice will terminate all my phone calls and t mobile as network not longer play a part in my voice calls on my old phone number?
Can someone please confirm or clarify? Thank you!

hay!

drgeoff

Quote from: thehay95 on July 13, 2019, 11:30:03 PM
I was in the process of porting my old phone number to t mobile, and then to Google voice. I am wondering that after I move my number from t mobile to Google voice, is my relationship with t mobile over and my sim card account with t mobile won't work any more. Am I right?
You are right.
Quote from: thehay95 on July 13, 2019, 11:30:03 PMIs it possible then to remove the sim card on my mobile phone since Google voice will terminate all my phone calls and t mobile as network not longer play a part in my voice calls on my old phone number?
Can someone please confirm or clarify? Thank you!
It is possible - the SIM will be useless and will not work.  The phone will show "Not registered" or "Unregistered SIM" or similar.