News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call instant drops when dialing into GV VM

Started by cz878, July 18, 2019, 06:29:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cz878

My apologies in advance if this has been answered elsewhere, but search did not produce anything that seemed relevant.

At some point I have become unable to dial into GV VM from my Obihai IP phones (1062/1022). This was working previously, but I have not used/tested VM from the handset for over a year. Both phones experience the same thing, an immediate hangup when dialing the GV # directly from the keypad (123-456-7890).

Phone 1 (1022) only has one number programmed, SP1= 212-456-0001.

Phone 2 (1062) has two numbers programmed, SP1= 212-456-0001, SP2 = 212-456-0002

Additionally I have a 200 adapter with a Panasonic cordless that is working fine for VM, SP1 = 313-456-0003

Is anyone else experiencing anything similar or have any troubleshooting suggestions? I have already hard-reset Phone2 thinking it was a problem when I added the main # from Phone1 as SP1, but after realized VM is also in a failed state on Phone1.

If any further info is needed I have remote access to the web interface of all 3 devices, but no physical access to phones 1 & 2 until tomorrow (off-site).

Any insight is much appreciated.

drgeoff

Is it only VM access that has the problem? Ie, can the phones make calls to and receive calls from other numbers, including each other?

cz878

Quote from: drgeoff on July 18, 2019, 07:35:44 AM
Is it only VM access that has the problem? Ie, can the phones make calls to and receive calls from other numbers, including each other?

No issues what so ever outside of dialing VM. I can make and receive calls on both phones. I did not try dialing Phone2 from Phone1 or vice versa but can test that when I am on site tomorrow. I expect it will work fine though.

As of right now Phone1 and Phone2 are registered/setup under different Obihai accounts, but I don't believe that has any bearing as VM wasn't working prior to the changes I made this week when the phones were completely separated (SP1 on both were different #'s).

cz878

Confirmed I am able to dial from Phone2 to Phone1 without issue. Phone2 is also on the latest firmware 5.1.11 4983EX.

When attempting to dial the VM on either SP1 or SP2 what happens is the phone display flashes "Trying" then "Connected" and immediately drops.

cz878

For anyone else that comes across this: Resetting the GV VM Pin code fixed this on Line2. I am assuming Line1 will be the same fix.

I have no idea what changed in the last year causing this. I'm not entirely sure a VM PIN was ever set up on these lines but VM definitely worked on them at some prior point. Maybe an internal Google Change or Obihai change or just some other weird fluke.