News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

I can't make the pbxExtension Application work with Obi110's

Started by acsscott, September 25, 2011, 04:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acsscott

I contacted sales last week about buying two Obi110's, and using them to connect an ATA on the PBX at work, to a phone at my house.  When the ATA rings, it rings the phone at the house.  When you pick up the phone at the house, it connects it to the ATA at the office.  Same goes if you pick up the phone at the house, it connects to the ATA at the office, and I can press numbers on the keypad to access the PBX.

Sales pointed me to an Obi application at: http://www.obihai.com/pbxExtension.html.  I purchased two Obi110's.  I connected Both Obi110's to the computer.  They both connected fine.  I added both of them to ObiTalk.  They both seemed to work fine.  I ran the pbxextension application, and the Home unit stopped working.  Every key I press on the home units phone, I get a fast busy.  I sent an email back to sales saying that something is wrong, but haven't heard back.

So, I decided to do more investigation this weekend.

(2) Obi110 Office to Home Bridge project:
Home 200xxxxx4  Numbers x'd out here and below to protect phone number
Office 200xxxxx7  Numbers x'd out here and below to protect phone number

Before running the application @ http://www.obihai.com/pbxExtension.html:
Both units light up.  I can dial **9222222222, and get the talk back.  I can call each unit from the other, and it rings the phone on the other end.  I don't know how to connect to the line on what would be the office end, from the home end.

After running the application @ http://www.obihai.com/pbxExtension.html:

On the OBi110 for home, if any button is pressed when you pick up the phone, you get the fast busy.  You can't even dial **9222222222.  As soon as the 9 is pressed, you get the fast busy.
The application above seems to change two values in the Obi110 for home.
Physical Interface:PhonePort:DigitMap, it changes to : (%5B1-9%5D%7C%5B1-9%5D%5B0-9%5D%7C911%7C**0%7C***%7C%23%7C(Mpli)%7C**1(Msp1)%7C**2(Msp2)%7C**9(Mpp))
Physical Interface:PhonePort:OutboundCallRoute, it changes to : %7B(%3C%23:ob200xxxxx7%3E):pp%7D,%7B**0:aa%7D,%7B***:aa2%7D,%7B(Mpli):pli%7D,%7B(%3C**1:%3E(Msp1)):sp1%7D,%7B(%3C**2:%3E(Msp2)):sp2%7D,%7B(%3C**9:%3E(Mpp)):pp%7D
If I default both of these, the home unit can dial **9222222222 or the other office Obi110, and it works without the fast busy.

On the Obi110 for the office, it seems to work pretty much as normal.

So, what am I doing wrong, or what is the pbxextension application doing wrong?

Scott

acsscott

Update:

Making headway.  It hit me like a done of bricks when I was reading my post.  The pbxExtension application was sending the html characters to the Home Obi110 as ASCII heax values.  So, I converted:

Physical Interface:PhonePort:DigitMap to:
([1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|911|**0|***|#|(Mpli)|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**9(Mpp))

&

Physical Interface:PhonePort:OutboundCallRoute to:
{(<#:ob200xxxxx7>):pp},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(Mpli):pli},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp}

I submited/saved, rebooted, and now the Obi110 at home will let me dial the **9222222222.  The echo back now works.  When I try and dial a land line phone #, I get the three tones, then it says there is no service available to make my call.
So, it appears that the Home Obi110 might be connecting to the office Obi110, but says there is no service to make the call on, even though the office Obi110 has the phone line connected to it.  Maybe it isn't connecting to the Office Obi110.  I don't see any LED's change on the Office Obi110.

RonR

Are you connecting the office OBi to a PBX extension port (a line intended to be connected to a regular telephone)?  If so, the PBX extension line will have to be connected to the LINE Port on the OBi.

Are you sure you have OBi110's (with a LINE Port) and not OBi100's?  I ask because I don't see any LINE Port rules in what you posted:

DigitMap : ...|**8(Mli)|...

OutboundCallRoute : ...,{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},...

acsscott

More Progress:

I remembered the last time I ran the PbxExtension application, I didn't click the checkbox "Make the Home OBi a hot line to the Office OBi. When you pick up the phone at the Home OBi you will be automatically connected to the office. You do not need to press #.".  So I ran it again, and converted the html ASCII hex.  It changed the DigitMap to:
(<S0:#>|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|911|**0|***|#|(Mpli)|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**9(Mpp))

Now it rings the office Obi110.  The Office's Obi attendent answers.  Says press 1, 2, or 3.  I press 1, and it starts ringing again.  While it is ringing, it doesn't connect to the Office ATA(Line Connector), but is flashing the Phone LED on the Office Obi110, like it would be ringing a phone(Phone Connector) if it was attached.

What do I change in the strings to make the Office Obi110 connect to the Line(ATA), rather than ring the phone connector that has nothing connected?  Do I need to change the office Obi110 to route inbound calls to the line connector, rather than the phone connector?

acsscott

RonR,

Yes, I have Obi110's on both ends.

I wish I knew the syntax of the Obi Rules.  Is it documented somewhere?

Scott

acsscott

RonR,

Sorry.  Yes the ATA on our pbx has a cordless phone and the Obi110 on it. 

More info:
I just called the office.  Both the Phone & Line LED's on the office obi110 were flashing when it was ringing, but the Home Obi110 never flashed the LED's, or made the phone attached to it ring.

RonR

I don't know how or where an ATA at the office comes into this picture.  If you're wanting to remote a PBX extension to your home using two OBi's, you'd connect the PBX extension port (FXS) to the LINE Port (FXO) of the office OBi.

Start both OBi's at factory defaults and configure them as follows:

OBi #1 (Home):

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> DigitMap:

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|<2*>xx.)

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute:

{([1-9]x?*@@.):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},
{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

User Settings -> Speed Dials -> 2 : PP(ob200123456)

where 200123456 is the OBiTALK Number of OBi #2.

OBi #2 (Office):

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute: {200654321>(xx.):li},{200654321:aa},{ph}

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> InboundCallRoute : {pp(ob200654321)}

where 200654321 is the OBiTALK Number of OBi #1.

Calls placed on the Home phone (OBi #1 PHONE Port) should dial through the Office PBX extension (OBi #2 LINE Port).

Calls to the Office PBX extension (OBi #2 LINE Port) should ring the Home phone (OBi #1 PHONE Port).

OBi Device Administration Guide

acsscott

Thanks for all the help.

Ok,  I can get everything entered but:
Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> InboundCallRoute : {pp(ob200654321)}

I put this in with my units #.  Hit submit, hit reboot.  It reboots, my number is there, then it resets again, and it is back to "ph"

RonR

If you're configuring the OBi's directly (as opposed to through the OBiTALK Web Portal), you must disable Auto Provisioning in the OBi's or the OBiTALK Web Portal will keep reconfiguring them to all of its settings:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Auto Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

acsscott

Thank you for all your time.  We are getting very close.

I can call out from the home to the office no problem.  It grabs the pbx, and I can dial out.

When the office line is ringing, after about 4 rings, it answers and gives the obi attendent -> 1 to continue the call, 2, 3.  How do I make it do #1 automatically, so it just go's through and rings the phone connected to the phone connector at home.

Thanks again for all your help.

Scott

RonR

The Home phone OBi nneds to have the following Default setting:

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute : ph

You were supposed to start both OBi's at factory defaults, but if you didn't disable Auto Provisioning before they had access to the Internet and rebooted, the OBiTALK Web Portal could have overwritten a bunch of your settings.

I would recommend you check all pages in both OBi's and make sure everything is at Default except the the changes I outlined.

acsscott

RonR,

Is Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> RingDelay that amount of time in msec that the Obi110 at the office waits before answering(off hook) the ring on the LINE connector? 

If so, I believe I could increase this to more than 4000, to give the office time to answer the phone before it forwards it to the Home Obi110.

RonR

No.  Leave RingDelay alone.  It doesn't do what you're thinking.

Your problem should be in the Home phone OBi OBiTALK Service InboundCallRoute being set to aa instead of ph.

acsscott

aa makes the Obi Attendent come up asking 1, 2, 3.  I just want it to go through after like six rings.

RonR

In OBi #1 (Home), set:

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute : ph

It should already be there if you started the OBi out at factory defaults.  That causes all calls coming in from the OBiTALK Service (which is what we're using to relay the call) to go to the PHONE Port.

Since incoming calls are going to the Auto Attendant, it probably got set to something containing an aa rule by the OBiTALK Web Portal before you got Auto Provisioning disabled.

acsscott

OK, I'll put that back to ph.

How do I adjust on the office Obi, how many rings it sees before it takes the line off hook, and forwards it to home Obi?

Thanks,

RonR

The office OBi starts ringing the home OBi immediately without going off-hook.  It will only go off-hook if someone ansers the home phone.

acsscott

That's perfect.  It didn't seem like it was working that way.  It seemed like the office going off hook right away.  It might have been a delay over the internet making it look that way.  I'll check it again tomorrow.

Thanks for all your help.  I should have used the forum to set this up rather than the pbxextension app.  It would have saved me a lot of time figuring out what was going on.

I'll have to read the guide to learn more.  It's a little more complicated than the stick figure cartoon on the webpage, but because of its complexity it can do almost anything.

Scott

RonR

I just replicated your lash-up here and verified that the LINE Port does not go off-hook until the other OBi answers.

The OBiTALK Service that Obihai provides which is being used to relay the calls from one OBi to the other has been very flaky for at least a week and continues to be so at the moment.  I'm also getting long delays like you were probably experiencing.  When the OBiTALK Service is running properly, it's a pretty quick and smooth transition from one OBi to another.  Unfortunately, Obihai hasn't been communicating with us on numerous problems like this for some time now, so it's hard to tell if/when this and other problems might be corrected.

acsscott

RonR,

A couple of issues with the home to office pbx bridge.

When the ATA on the Norstar DR5 rings, it rings about 6 seconds later on the phone connectd to the home Obi.  You were correct that it does not take the office Obi off hook until you take the phone connected to the home obi off hook.  This direction seems to work pretty good.

If I pick up the phone on the home Obi, I can't get it to connect to the office obi until I dial a 7 or 10 digit number.  When the ATA connected to the Norstar sees the 7 digit number, it drops the line(Hangs up).

The ATA connected to the office Obi wants commands like:
21 (To call station 21)
HOOKFLASH 2 (To place a call on hold, or pickup a call on hold)
HOOKFLASH * 6010 (To page )
HOOKFLASH * 6461 (To grab an available external line from the line pool)

How do I to this over the Obi's?

Can I setup Speed Dials, and then just do a speed dial when I pickup the home phone?

Thanks,

Scott