News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

I can't make the pbxExtension Application work with Obi110's

Started by acsscott, September 25, 2011, 04:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RonR

Quote from: acsscott on September 27, 2011, 12:22:12 PM
When the ATA on the Norstar DR5 rings, it rings about 6 seconds later on the phone connectd to the home Obi.  You were correct that it does not take the office Obi off hook until you take the phone connected to the home obi off hook.  This direction seems to work pretty good.

Great!

If I pick up the phone on the home Obi, I can't get it to connect to the office obi until I dial a 7 or 10 digit number.  When the ATA connected to the Norstar sees the 7 digit number, it drops the line(Hangs up).

Are you sure the PHONE Port DigitMap and PHONE Port OutboundCallRoute are configured as I outlined?  One or more digits should be passed to the office OBi unchanged.  You can speed up the dialing process by terminating your dialing with the # key.

The ATA connected to the office Obi wants commands like:
21 (To call station 21)
HOOKFLASH 2 (To place a call on hold, or pickup a call on hold)
HOOKFLASH * 6010 (To page )
HOOKFLASH * 6461 (To grab an available external line from the line pool)

How do I to this over the Obi's?

You should be able to dial extension 21, but there's no way to pass a Hookflash.  If you need to pass * in addition to digits, we can easily accommodate that:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> DigitMap:

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|<2*>[x*][x*].)

Can I setup Speed Dials, and then just do a speed dial when I pickup the home phone?

Speed Dials should work.

acsscott

If I dial 21, or 21#, on the home obi, i just get a fast busy signal.  It only connects through to the office Obi if I dial at least a 7 digit number.  It doesn't even put the 21 or 21# in the call history on the home Obi.

Not having the ability to HOOKFLASH on the office end is going to be very limiting.  No way to send a * code to make it happen?

Scott

RonR

Quote from: acsscott on September 27, 2011, 12:50:45 PM
If I dial 21, or 21#, on the home obi, i just get a fast busy signal.  It only connects through to the office Obi if I dial at least a 7 digit number.  It doesn't even put the 21 or 21# in the call history on the home Obi.

Oops!  one- or two-digit numbers in the OBi are Speed Dials.  I'd have to do some testing to make sure, but I don't think there's any way around that.  How many extension numbers are you dealing with?  Are they all two digits?  We could come up with some scheme like dialing 921 from home and the OBi would strip the 9.  If you have any thoughts on this, let me know.

Quote from: acsscott on September 27, 2011, 12:50:45 PM
Not having the ability to HOOKFLASH on the office end is going to be very limiting.  No way to send a * code to make it happen?

No, Hookflash can only be initiated from the PHONE Port of the OBi local to the LINE Port (i.e. it cannot be passed or simulated across a bridged connection).

acsscott

9 dials out.

Could we make it if the number started with 8, and was followed by two digits, strip the 8, and send the two digits?

I've been reading the book, but can't see where to strip/mask digits.

acsscott

Is it the phone port Digitmap that is causing the Home Obi to speed dial #2, then send out the typed digits after the timeout expires?
|<2*>(xx.)

If so, what makes it pick this out of the entire string of:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|<2*>(xx.))

Or does the outbound call route to it, since speed dial #2 has pp(ob200xxxxxx)? 
{([1-9]x?*@@.):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

RonR

This PHONE Port DigitMap rule:

<2*>(xx.)

matches one or more digits and prepends 2* to the dialed number.

This PHONE Port OutboundCallRoute rule:

{([1-9]x?*@@.):pp}

matches one or two digits followed by an * followed by anything and sends the call to the OBiTALK trunk.  The OBiTALK trunk removes the one or two digits preceding the * (and the * also) and sends the call to the OBiTALK number stored in the Speed Dial addressed by the digit(s) that preceded the *.

BTW, the <2*>(xx.) DigitMap rule can actually be written : <2*>xx.

The parenthesis around the xx. are unnecessary (they're ignored, just superfluous).

acsscott

No, Hookflash can only be initiated from the PHONE Port of the OBi local to the LINE Port (i.e. it cannot be passed or simulated across a bridged connection).

Wow, this would make it impossible to answer call waiting from the remote Obi or Android/Apple/PC?  I might have to make something that watches for the # DTMF tones, and open and close a relay in series with the line connection bewtween the Obi and the ATA.  How long will the Office Obi hang on the line when it sees the voltage go away?  Long enough for a hookflash?

Scott

acsscott

Quote from: acsscott on September 27, 2011, 01:58:39 PM
9 dials out.

Could we make it if the number started with 8, and was followed by two digits, strip the 8, and send the two digits?

I've been reading the book, but can't see where to strip/mask digits.

How do I change the digit map to strip the 8 if it starts with 8?

RonR

Quote from: acsscott on September 27, 2011, 02:55:37 PM
Wow, this would make it impossible to answer call waiting from the remote Obi or Android/Apple/PC?

That's correct.

Quote from: acsscott on September 27, 2011, 02:55:37 PM
I might have to make something that watches for the # DTMF tones, and open and close a relay in series with the line connection bewtween the Obi and the ATA.  How long will the Office Obi hang on the line when it sees the voltage go away?  Long enough for a hookflash?

I don't know the answer to that.

RonR

Quote from: acsscott on September 27, 2011, 02:57:21 PM
How do I change the digit map to strip the 8 if it starts with 8?

Change the last rule:

<2*>xx.

to:

<2*>(<8:>xx.|xx.)

This should unconditionally strip any leading 8.

If this is for calling two-digit extensions, you might want to only strip the 8 from 2-digit numbers:

<2*>(<8:>xx|xx.)

acsscott

That did it.  I can call all the offices by putting an 8 infront of the two digit station number.

Thanks for all your help.

We'll see how it goes.  If they don't upgrade the Obi110 to hookflash, I just might build my little DTMF detection box.

Scott

acsscott

RonR,

The office to home Obi bridge setup seems to be working pretty good.  My only complaint would be that it takes 3-4 rings sometimes on the line at the office for the home Obi to start ringing the phone.  Once the home phone is picked up, the voice quality and delay is fine.  It's just the initial ring through delay.

It would be nice if the Office Obi cached the home Obi's connection information so that it didn't have to chase it down everytime through Obitalk.

Scott

RonR

If you don't care about CallerID being passed from the office OBi's LINE Port to the home OBi's PHONE Port, I think you can shave 4 seconds off that delay with the following change to the office OBi:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> RingDelay : 0

acsscott