News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Your OBi device went offline. Only comes back after HARD Reboot

Started by eschwiz, August 01, 2019, 02:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eschwiz

I have a new ObiTalk 200 setup with Google Voice.  The system was running fine for a few days.  It then goes offline randomly and will only come back if I hard reboot the device by pulling its power.  My internet is up the whole time, and have no other connectivity issues.

The lights on the device are all green, and no obvious issues. 

Any help is appreciated.

Taoman

When this happens have you tried pinging the IP address of your OBi device to see if you get a response?

If you haven't already done so, I would try giving your OBi device a static IP address. This can be done on your router (if supported) using the MAC address of your OBi device. You can find your OBi's MAC address on the System Status page.

Or you can assign a static IP address directly on your OBi device itself. But if you do that you should exclude the ip address you assign to your OBi from the DHCP address range your router hands out to your network devices. Since you have to (re)configure your router either way I suggest assigning the static ip address for your OBi on your router using the MAC address. That's what works for me.

eschwiz

OK thanks.. Ill try this and see what happens.. Ill give it a week and report back.

Quote from: Taoman on August 01, 2019, 04:44:46 PM
When this happens have you tried pinging the IP address of your OBi device to see if you get a response?

If you haven't already done so, I would try giving your OBi device a static IP address. This can be done on your router (if supported) using the MAC address of your OBi device. You can find your OBi's MAC address on the System Status page.

Or you can assign a static IP address directly on your OBi device itself. But if you do that you should exclude the ip address you assign to your OBi from the DHCP address range your router hands out to your network devices. Since you have to (re)configure your router either way I suggest assigning the static ip address for your OBi on your router using the MAC address. That's what works for me.

horioplino

Quote from: Taoman on August 01, 2019, 04:44:46 PM

If you haven't already done so, I would try giving your OBi device a static IP address. This can be done on your router (if supported) using the MAC address of your OBi device. You can find your OBi's MAC address on the System Status page auto clicker word unscrambler jumble solver.

Ill try this and see what happens.

barrysingh101

Built-in IVR System is This is probably the most convenient way to reboot the OBi100:
Be sure your analog telephone is plugged into the rear-panel telephone RJ-11 jack.
Take the phone off-hook and press the star key three times followed by number 9; i.e. * * * 9
You will see the Power LED Flash Red for about 5 seconds (indication of a reboot).
If the ATA is connected to a VoIP provider, you will lose connectivity until the unit re-registers following the reboot/restart. The complete IVR initiated reboot sequence will only take about 15 seconds to complete. shareit https://get-vidmateapk.com