News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Control panel for standard calling features?

Started by shauntel_evans, August 06, 2019, 07:36:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shauntel_evans

Hello:

Set-up to my gv number was simple.

But here's where I need help. Obi lists these as standard calling features:

"OBiTALK Web Portal, OBiTALK Circle of Trust, No Per Month Fees, Works with Your Existing Services, Bridging Your Services for Optimum Savings & Convenience, Call Forwarding (ALL, Busy, No Answer), Call Waiting, Caller ID. Name & Number, Call Waiting Caller ID, Call Transfer, 3-Way Calling, Caller ID Block, Automatic Call Back, Call Return, Anonymous Call Block, Do Not Disturb, Conference Calling, Anonymous Calling, Message Waiting Indication - Visual and Tone Based, Speed Dialing of 99 OBi Endpoints or Numbers."

This is all good. So where is the control panel to control these features, as in "on" and "off".

Thank you.

drgeoff

Expert mode button on your portal dashboard gives you access to all the necessary configuration parameters not otherwise apparent. Enter by clicking the cogwheel containing a red E. If that is not showing, click 'Edit profile', scroll to the bottom and tick the box.

azrobert

In addition to Expert mode, some features are available with the default configuration and others can be controlled with Star Codes. What do you want to do?

shauntel_evans

You guys have been terrific!

But I am going to ask a basic question.

WHY would any sane company or person who designed this software make it SOOOOO difficult to find this basic information? Maybe it's a rhetorical question, I don't know. Honestly, I would never have found this w/out your help. So thanks.

But now I have another question (since you've been so helpful :):

I read somewhere that the obi200 lets me use two different google voice numbers even though there is only one phone port. Does this make any sense? If I wanted to do this (and I'm not saying that I do), where do I go to enter a 2nd number?

Thanks!

drgeoff

Obi2xx models support up to 4 numbers, any mix of GV and SIP. Add them the same way as the first.

Read http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=16133.0 if you are thinking about 2 GV numbers on 1 Google account.