News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How do I set up a 2-line configuration?

Started by drdigital1, August 26, 2019, 07:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drdigital1

I have an Anveo account with 2 phone numbers and an Obi202 with Anveo as SP2. Only one Phone Port is set up and it's using one of my 2 Anveo numbers (screenshot attached).
How do I set up the 2nd phone port for my 2nd Anveo number i.e., a 2-line setup as shown below?
•   Phone connected to port 1 rings when 1st number receives a call
•   Phone connected to port 2 rings when 2nd number receives a call
•   Calls originated from port 1 show CID of 1st number
•   Calls originated from port 2 show CID of 2nd number
Thanks,

drgeoff

1.  Configure SP1 with the 2nd Anveo number.

2.  Then click the gearwheel icon at the right hand end of the SP1 line, immediately to the right of the trashcan.  If you have two gearwheels on that line, not the one containing a red E. You will have a box with two lines near the top containing "Primary Line for Outgoing Calls" and "Incoming Calls Will Ring On".  On each line click as required to have ticks for Phone 2. Click the Save button.

3.  Repeat step 2 above but for SP2.  Click as required to have ticks for Phone 1.  Save.

4.  After automatic reboot(s) your OBi should be configured as requested and the summary box should show that.

Obviously if you want to swap which phones use which numbers in and out, just tick the other boxes.

drdigital1

Thank you! You write "Configure SP1 with the 2nd Anveo number". I can configure SP1 as Anveo (to do so I'll have to click on "To restore an existing Anveo account click here", right?) and, as such, both SP1 and SP2 will be Anveo. But how do I assign the 2nd Anveo number to SP1?

drgeoff

Quote from: drdigital1 on August 27, 2019, 12:15:10 PM
Thank you! You write "Configure SP1 with the 2nd Anveo number". I can configure SP1 as Anveo (to do so I'll have to click on "To restore an existing Anveo account click here", right?) and, as such, both SP1 and SP2 will be Anveo. But how do I assign the 2nd Anveo number to SP1?
Do you know the SIP username and SIP password for the 2nd Anveo number?

If yes, skip past the threesome of GV, Anveo and OneSuite but instead click the "Nex"t button below Obitalk Compatible Service Providers.  Click Anveo at the top of the long list.  Insert the SIP credentials in the bottom two boxes.  Towards the top, tick the boxes for the desired phone.  Click Submit.

drdigital1

Thanks again. Anveo web site shows
•   2 numbers (under Phone Numbers > Manage Phone Numbers)
•   Under Account Preferences
      o   SIP Registration > Username and password
      o   SIP options > Outbound Caller ID > 1st Anveo number (drop down menu allows to select the 2nd Anveo number)

So I have only one SIP login. It is for the device (Obi202).

Another forum user mentioned the need to open sub-accounts for SP.

drgeoff

Quote from: drdigital1 on August 27, 2019, 07:04:32 PM
Thanks again. Anveo web site shows
•   2 numbers (under Phone Numbers > Manage Phone Numbers)
•   Under Account Preferences
      o   SIP Registration > Username and password
      o   SIP options > Outbound Caller ID > 1st Anveo number (drop down menu allows to select the 2nd Anveo number)

So I have only one SIP login. It is for the device (Obi202).

Another forum user mentioned the need to open sub-accounts for SP.

I have no experience of Anveo and don't know how they do two numbers on one account.  I do know that OBi devices do not "know" either.  All SIP registrations are of the same type to them - they have no concept of sub accounts etc.  Each SP on your OBi needs a unique proxy and/or username if they are to function as you wish.

Maybe the thread http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=7681.0 has useful info if you have not already seen that.