News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi200 not working

Started by Alcopper, August 26, 2019, 05:46:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alcopper

My Obi200 has stopped working and don't know where to start.
It has been working for at least 5 years..nothing has been moved or changed.

Phone displays "Check Tel Line"
I hear no dial tone
my SP1..freephoneline says "offline"

Obi200 leds are Power..solid green..2nd Led is solid Green (flashing rapidly every few seconds..3rd Led is off (Tel)

Have not tried another phone or cable as of yet..would that be step1?

tried **9 222-222-222 and hear nothing

any help would be appreciated

bitstopjoe

Sounds like a bad phone connected to your OBI, or for some reason, it is not connected. Maybe the RJ11 cable is bad ( sometimes the tab breaks off and the connection isnt good) try a new cable or just reseat it on both ends.

Joe

drgeoff

Quote from: Alcopper on August 26, 2019, 05:46:48 AM
My Obi200 has stopped working and don't know where to start.
It has been working for at least 5 years..nothing has been moved or changed.

Phone displays "Check Tel Line"
I hear no dial tone
my SP1..freephoneline says "offline"

Obi200 leds are Power..solid green..2nd Led is solid Green (flashing rapidly every few seconds..3rd Led is off (Tel)

Have not tried another phone or cable as of yet..would that be step1?

tried **9 222-222-222 and hear nothing

any help would be appreciated
Go to your dashboard at obitalk.com and use Expert mode to see more detailed info about your OBi200.  Click on Status, then on PHONE Status.  What do you see against VBAT and TipRingVolltage?  If those are blank or much closer to zero than the expected nominals "57 v (12 V)" and "45 V" respectively then your OBi has a hardware fault which is not user repairable and BER (beyond economic repair) professionally.

If those values are OK but the right-most LED on the 200 does not begin flashing when you take the phone off-hook then the phone or cord are the most likely suspects why you are not hearing dial tone.

Alcopper

Thxs for ideas

Tried new phone and cable with the same results.
Obitalk expert mode says "the phone status is not available"

I have tried master reset on the bottom of the unit which did not help.

I think my unit must be broken

drgeoff

Quote from: Alcopper on August 28, 2019, 06:06:51 AM
Thxs for ideas

Tried new phone and cable with the same results.
Obitalk expert mode says "the phone status is not available"

I have tried master reset on the bottom of the unit which did not help.

I think my unit must be broken

One last set of diagnostics.

Does the OBi's Power LED still settle down to steady green within about 1 minute of powering it up?  If yes and If you know your way around your router's management pages, find the IP address of the OBi200.  Point a browser at that address and log in with admin as username and password to access the onboard web server.  That has much the same menus as I mentioned above.  Look for the same items.