News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi202 - Nothing but silence

Started by sir_rob, August 27, 2019, 01:40:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sir_rob

I have static problems with the OBi202 that I usually use, so I tried using my backup OBi202 unit.  I had significant configuration issues, but after resetting everything, deleting everything, and using a different browser, it eventually showed that the Google Voice services are now configured.  However, when I try to make a call hear nothing but silence.  When I call that number it does not ring.  This behavior is the same for all 4 services and two different phones.

The 4 services work fine on the other OBi202 (except for the static), and the two phones work on the other OBi202.  Any ideas?

Also, the echo test works fine.

sir_rob

The problem has not changed.  Any help?

drgeoff

What firmware version is on the silent 202?

sir_rob

drgeoff

Dial ***6 and if it proposes an update follow the prompts.

If that method won't give you the update, follow Option 3 in http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.0 to manually update the firmware to 5921.

That will probably fix the silence problem but don't get your hopes up about the 'static' one.

sir_rob

Thanks!  That did fix the issue!

Hopefully this one will not have as many static problems.  For many years, the consumer grade Obi products were rock solid for me, but now it seems that the new owners are letting them die, and that is a shame.  Hopefully someone that can do something about it gets interested in these products again and fixes the current problems.  The reviews online have gone from great to horrible.