News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Question for Google Voice thru OBI200

Started by EdForumOBI, August 31, 2019, 04:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdForumOBI

I have a problem. A few days ago my internet was done due to the lighting strike. Now, my internet is up with a new AT&T BGW210-700 with power light and internet light both green. My OBI200 connected to this new modem with all three green lights on. The middle one (connected to internet) blinks. However, I can't make phone call and can't received phone call.  My phone has message "Check tel line", so I reset the OBI box many times, reset the modem many times, also I borrow a good phone from a friend, but this good phone still has message "Check tel line" at my home, but it is good at his google voice.   Btw, when I made phone call to my google voice, although my google voice phone had no response, but the gmail received the email.

Please help, I don't know how to do next. 

Thank you all.     

drgeoff

The PHONE port circuitry on your OBi200 was likely also fried by the lightning strike.  The "Check tel line" on your phone is your phone telling you that it isn't sensing the 50 volts that should be there from the OBi.

It is a hardware problem and not repairable.  The fix is to get a new OBi.

EdForumOBI

So, get a new one and reconfigure again? Thank you a lot.

drgeoff