News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Unable to set up OBI 200

Started by Jim7348, September 01, 2019, 07:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim7348

Hello all, new guy here.  I have been trying all night to set up my new Obi 200 but there seems to be several issues.  I followed the set up procedures and the following seems to be the problems:

1- I try to add an Obi device but when I call the number it tells me "No service configured error, please log in and configure your device." 

2- The Obi Dashboard lists a Soft Phone with a different Obi Number than my Obi 200.  My Obi 200 doesn't appear anywhere.

3- The Phone LED icon on my device is off while the other two icons are steady green.  During power up to the device the Phone LED icon does turn green two or three times and stay for a minute.  My installation guide suggests that the "port is not enabled." 

4- The set up through "Approved Service Providers" just takes me to the dashboard with the soft phone.

I have a new google voice account that I plan to use if that matters.  This device was apparently a refurbished Amazon item if that matters as well (It looks brand new.)  I checked and I don't see any locked ports in my router settings. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.  I guess I can email this to their support as well? 

Thanks,

Jim

drgeoff

Dial **9 222 222 222.  Does that reach the echo test announcement "Welcome to Obitalk and the ......"?

If yes, log in to your dashboard at obitalk.com and click "Add device". Ensure the "I want to configure Google Voice ...." box is not ticked. Click "Next". You will be prompted to dial **5 and four digits. Do that. What do you hear and what do you see on the computer?

Every dashboard has a softphone number. It has no relevance to your problem and you can ignore it.