News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Auto Attendant and Voicemail

Started by MalibuKen, September 02, 2019, 09:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MalibuKen

I'm trying to get my google voice voicemail to work on auto attendant.  When the caller hits 1, the line rings indefinitely instead of going to voicemail. 

I tried to call forward the line with CallForwardUnconditionalEnable and CallForwardOnNoAnswerEnable to use voicemail on another line, and that seems to disable auto attendant. 

drgeoff

Quote from: MalibuKen on September 02, 2019, 09:48:08 AM
I'm trying to get my google voice voicemail to work on auto attendant.  When the caller hits 1, the line rings indefinitely instead of going to voicemail. 

I tried to call forward the line with CallForwardUnconditionalEnable and CallForwardOnNoAnswerEnable to use voicemail on another line, and that seems to disable auto attendant. 
GV cannot tell the difference between the OBi Auto Attendant answering and a human answering. GV sees the call as answered so its voicemail will never kick in no matter how long the AA is ringing the phone on the OBi.

Have you tried configuring the AA such that when the caller keys a 1, the AA dials your other GV number instead of ringing the phone?  That is controlled by the {0:ph} part of the AA's OutboundCallRoute.  Change that to {0:sp1(1234567890)} using your second GV number instead of that 1234567890.

MalibuKen

Quote from: drgeoff on September 02, 2019, 10:26:39 AM

GV cannot tell the difference between the OBi Auto Attendant answering and a human answering. GV sees the call as answered so its voicemail will never kick in no matter how long the AA is ringing the phone on the OBi.

Have you tried configuring the AA such that when the caller keys a 1, the AA dials your other GV number instead of ringing the phone?  That is controlled by the {0:ph} part of the AA's OutboundCallRoute.  Change that to {0:sp1(1234567890)} using your second GV number instead of that 1234567890.

Solution worked perfectly.  Thanks.