News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV recent changes

Started by dcuste, September 05, 2019, 08:45:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcuste

I don't think my problem has anything to do with OBI, but I figured somebody hear might know what is going on with Goolge Voice.

Yesterday a received a GV call that rang once and then stopped. I didn't get a text showing a transcript a message left. There also no record of the call on hangouts.  I tried dialing my into my google voice account using OBI and then on my cell phone but it google voice didn't respond. I then noticed a phone setting message for an app that I have never installed called "Voice mail". I started the app and gave it a bunch of permissions and it now has all my voice mail messages including the new one that wasn't showing up in Hangouts. When I log into my google voice account, All the voice messages are over a month old.

OK, I can live with all that. I assume Goolge has stopped supporting my google voice online account and now have stopped support of Hangouts and have transitioned voice mail to this new "voice mail" app. The problem is, now of my GV phones are just doing the one ring, before transferring the call to voice mail. That is not going to work.

This problem has been going on for over a day now. Is anybody else here seeing this issue? 

dcuste

I think I may have fixed my main issue. I found on Goolge Voice a checked boxed for linking Hangouts and unchecked it. I then went to Hangouts and relinked it with Google voice. The incomming calls are now working properly. I haven't check all the other issues, but this was the only one I couldn't live with. Hope this helps others that have this issue.

horioplino

Quote from: dcuste on September 05, 2019, 08:45:34 AM
I don't think my problem has anything to do with OBI, but I figured somebody hear might know what is going on with Goolge Voice.

Yesterday a received a GV call that rang once and then stopped. I didn't get a text showing a transcript a message left. There also no record of the call on hangouts.  I tried dialing my into my google voice account using OBI and then on my cell phone but it google voice didn't respond. I then noticed a phone setting message for an app that I have never installed called "Voice mail". I started the app and gave it a bunch of permissions and it now has all my voice mail messages including the new one that wasn't showing up in Hangouts. When I log into my google voice account, All the voice messages are over a month old my ip birthday wishes tneb.

OK, I can live with all that. I assume Goolge has stopped supporting my google voice online account and now have stopped support of Hangouts and have transitioned voice mail to this new "voice mail" app. The problem is, now of my GV phones are just doing the one ring, before transferring the call to voice mail. That is not going to work.

This problem has been going on for over a day now. Is anybody else here seeing this issue?  
I haven't check all the other issues, but this was the only one I couldn't live with. Hope this helps others that have this issue.

JohnE

Having the same problem. Call in, 1 ring then nothing - caller still hear ringing but it does not switch to voicemail.  This has been happening a lot.

Help please OBI !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No answer from OBI of course.  I don't think anyone at Polycom is monitoring this Forum.
I deleted the connection in Google Voice and then reconnected from OBITALK.  Seems to have fixed the problem.   
In addition a recent reboot has moved the firmware up to Build 5932EX.  I do not know which of these was the solution.

barrysingh101

I recently made a new Gmail account to switch my GV over to. However, when I click transfer number, I found out that I was not able to transfer to my new Gmail. I could with a previous email of mine, but not the new one.