News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

One specfic number goes directly to voicemail

Started by Tern2, September 06, 2019, 12:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tern2

I am using VOIP.MS with OBi202 flawlessly for one year. A week ago a friend tried to call and it went directly to voicemail. His number is the only inbound call that does this. I get many inbound calls from landlines, cell phones and other VOIP providers without issue. I have rebooted my router, OBi202 and had my provider go over my settings. I am at a loss.

Has anyone else had this issue and could provide some suggestions to fix it.

drgeoff

Possibly this has nothing to do with your OBi, your router, your ISP.

Log in to your voip.ms account and check the call processing configuration.  I don't use voip.ms so cannot direct you to specific things to check there.

Taoman

Quote from: Tern2 on September 06, 2019, 12:11:12 PM

Has anyone else had this issue and could provide some suggestions to fix it.

Check CallerID Filtering to make sure you don't have an entry for that number.

Check Phone Book to make sure that Contact number isn't a member of a different group that is configured to go straight to voicemail.

Those are the only two possibilities I can think of......unless you have multiple DIDs and your friend is calling a different DID?

Tern2

Thank you for your suggestions. I have double checked the phonebook and callerid. Is it possible that all of a sudden the Bell Canada line does not want to communicate with VOIP.MS?
The only other option I have is to do a factory reset which is a last resort.

Taoman

Quote from: Tern2 on September 07, 2019, 05:50:13 AM
Thank you for your suggestions. I have double checked the phonebook and callerid. Is it possible that all of a sudden the Bell Canada line does not want to communicate with VOIP.MS?

I would try:

Remove that number from your VoIP.ms phone book.
Make a CallerID filter entry for that number and route it to a System error message (not voicemail).
Did that make any difference?

Before doing a factory reset I would download Phonerlite and install it on your computer and configure it for your VoIP.ms account. It's free and simple to do.
Then have your friend call again and see if you get different results. I don't see how it could be your OBi device unless you made a specific config change for that number (or range of numbers) in your X_InboundCallRoute.

drgeoff

Quote from: Tern2 on September 07, 2019, 05:50:13 AM
It is unlikely that your OBi is causing this and doing a factory reset is probably going to result in nothing except the effort to reconfigure.  You can check whether the call attempt is reaching your OBi.

Dial ***0.  After the voice prompt dial 30# then follow the prompts to enter a new value of 1.  When complete, hang up.  That will have enabled access to the onboard web server.

Dial ***1 and note the IP address read out to you.  Put that address in your browser and log in with username admin and default password admin or whatever if you have changed it.  Click on Status, then on Call History.  Call History holds the last 200 calls, most recent at the top of the first page.  If you don't see the calls from your friend's number in between other calls that succeeded, then they are not being sent from voip.ms and no amount of resetting or fiddling with your OBi's settings or your router's settings is going to fix that.

Does voip.ms have a similar log of incoming calls?

Tern2

Again thank you for your suggestions.

I deleted the number from my phonebook and had the same result. I put them back in and had the same result.

In VOIP.MS I can see the call logs and I can see they are getting through but are going directly to voicemail.
I went through all the setting again looking for that particular number. I do not use an special setting, sub accounts, forwarding etc. I never went into setting in OBI202 since I originally set it up. The only reason I go into VOIP.MS is to add people to phonebook and to check my balance.

If it was everyone that went to voicemail I can understand but not just one number. It is the person I contact the most which makes this worse.

My provider is out of suggestions.

Tern2

I did check the anonymous setting.

I have set this in filtering and will see what happens. I will report back.

"Make a CallerID filter entry for that number and route it to a System error message (not voicemail).
Did that make any difference?"

Tern2

I set the caller ID filtering to busy and that is exactly what happened when the tried to call. I switched it back to no filter on that number and when to directly to voicemail.

With this information does anyone have any other suggestions.

Taoman

Quote from: Tern2 on September 09, 2019, 08:28:05 AM
I set the caller ID filtering to busy and that is exactly what happened when the tried to call. I switched it back to no filter on that number and when to directly to voicemail.

With this information does anyone have any other suggestions.

Edit the same CallerID filter that you created for that number. But this time route it to your SIP extension that your OBi device is registered to.

Tern2

Sorry but can you tell me where I would find the SIP extension for Obi202. Is that the Obi No.?

Taoman

Quote from: Tern2 on September 09, 2019, 09:01:05 AM
Sorry but can you tell me where I would find the SIP extension for Obi202. Is that the Obi No.?

Go back into the CallerID filter for that number. Instead of clicking on System and selecting Busy at the bottom, go to the top and select SIP/IAX and select your account/sub-account. I assume you'd only have one entry there unless you have multiple DIDs.

Tern2

Tern2

I changed the callerid filtering to the SIP/IAX choice and my friend now gets the message ' we are not available

Taoman

Quote from: Tern2 on September 09, 2019, 11:01:21 AM
I changed the callerid filtering to the SIP/IAX choice and my friend now gets the message ' we are not available

I assume he's getting that error message because you didn't set up failover options in the CallerID filter. If you were to go back into the CallerID filter and select Show failover options and selected voicemail for "Routing if unreachable" it would act as before and go straight to voicemail.

It "appears" as if the OBi is the issue somehow. Have you done ANY configuration changes on your OBi other than just setting up the SP for VoIP.ms?

Can you post your X_InboundCallRoute for your VoIP.ms configuration?

You would need to go into Advanced/Expert configuration and navigate to:
Voice Services-->SP1 Service (assuming VoIP.ms is on SP1)-->X_InboundCallRoute

Tern2

I use Google Voice for outgoing and use VOIP.MS for incoming. I have OBi202 and use two phones.
SP1 is Google Voice and SP2 is VOIP.MS. Attached is picture of settings.

Taoman

I'm out of ideas. To confirm the problem is actually with the OBi device I would download Phonerlite and configure it on your computer for VoIP.ms. It's free and simple to configure.

If it works with Phonerlite that would at least confirm your OBi is the issue.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Tern2

Thanks for your help. I am going to do a factory reset of the Obi device and see what happens. Will report when finished.

drgeoff

Your OBi cannot cause anything different to happen to calls from that one number unless it "sees" that a call is from that number.  It can only "see" the number if the call attempt reaches it.  You do not appear to have followed my advice to look at the Call History stored on your OBi.