News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Reasons the Obi110 is better than the 3102?

Started by Winfried, September 28, 2011, 05:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winfried

Hello

As a total newbie, I'm trying to see what features the Obi110 provide that would make it a better tool than the Cisco/Linksys 3102.

I came up with those:

• cheaper
  • supports XMPP for connecting to Google Voice
  • AA/IVR (customizable with firmware 1.3+)
  • actively updated (3102 last updated 3.3.6 21/JUL/2010)

Are there other features, and conversely, are there features in the 3102 that the Obi110 is missing?

Thank you.

QBZappy

Winfried,

A more complete feature list can be found here:
http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBi100DS.pdf

In my opinion, what makes the OBi unique are the GV integration, and that the OBi handles call bridging. I have not seen anything on the market at that price or at any price which can do this. These are the bread and butter features of the OBi. The other features, to some extent  are basic ATA features expected by everyone. Callback, recordable IVR and call recording also break new ground and is unusual for this type of product.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Winfried

Thanks for the feedback. Besides, although I'm still fuzzy about how the different pieces work together and how to write digitmaps + inbound/outbound dialplans, the UI looks more approachable than the 3102.