News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Register failed. 403 Incorrect Authorization

Started by Jonathan_A, September 10, 2019, 01:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan_A

I have tried everything I can think of when following your instructions when trying to set up my new Obi200 (replacing a Obi100 that I have had for years), but it will not successfully register. Is there anything on your side that show why it might not be registering?

Can someone call me to step me through the process again to ensure I am following all of the steps correctly?

Thank you for your help and any suggestions you might have of things to try to verify that everything is set up correctly.

SteveInWA

You do know that this is a volunteer, user-to-user forum, and we don't work for Poly, right?

That said, you didn't supply enough information.  What service provider are you trying to use, Google Voice or some other provider?

Have you successfully added the new OBi device to your OBiTALK dashboard?

Jonathan_A

I thought that this might be a forum that was monitored for issues like mine.

It is in the ObiTalk Dashboard where I am trying to add my Obi200, but it will not register. I am using it with Callcentric, which I have used for many years, so that part should be working normally.

What other information might you need to help me figure this out? Thanks.

drgeoff

You have not given a clear answer to SteveInWA's question. Have you successfully added the OBi to your dashboard - the **5 nnnn procedure?

Assuming yes, are you using the correct Callcentric details? Your 177..... number. And the password is not the one you use to log in to your account at callcentric.com.

Jonathan_A

Yes, the **5 procedure works, it must have something to do with the password. If that is not the Callcentric password, what would that password be? Where would I have set up that password and where would I change it? To make things simple, I left the Obi200 credentials set to admin/admin.

drgeoff

Log in to your account at callcentric.com and select the Dashboard tab.  Near the centre of the page is "EXTENSIONS" and in that section is "View/modify extensions".  Click that.  You should see a line with your 177... number Ext 100 and a "Modify" link at the right hand end.  Click that.  You should see your 177.. number as Username and two lines of asterisks - SIP password and confirm.  Enter a password of your choice in both lines and click "Save".  Return to your dashboard at obitalk.com and use that SIP username and password for Callcentric.

Jonathan_A

That was the step that I was missing. It is now registering, but I am not getting a dial tone. It says "Line in Use" on my phone. What could be causing that? I was getting that same issue with my old Obi100 and I figured it must have something with it reaching its end of life so I upgraded it to the Obi200; but still have the same issue. Any thoughts?

SteveInWA

Well, that means your telephone (or its cord) is defective, as it looks to the OBi as if it is off-hook.  Try another phone and cord.

SteveInWA

Quote from: FAILYTA on September 23, 2019, 10:44:58 AM

Can someone call me to step me through the process again to ensure I am following all of the steps correctly?

STOP spamming multiple other people's discussions.  We can't understand what your actual problem might be.  Start YOUR OWN, new discussion thread, and describe in detail what you are trying to do, and what works and doesn't work.