News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't access GV Voicemail from Obi200

Started by monk3007, September 08, 2019, 04:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monk3007

Hi,

I just reconfigured my Obi200 with a new Google Voice account that was created for the sole purpose of using with Obi - ie no previous GV number or gmail associated with the account.

I am able to make and receive calls with no issues. When people call in, they are able to leave voicemails on GV. I cannot access my GV voicemail from Obi, however. When I call my GV number from the Obi phone to check messages, the line goes silent for about 5 seconds, clicks, and then returns to a dial tone.

It seems that it may be timing out before the voicemail engages - I'm not sure if there is a setting I could try changing in ObiExpert for this? I have no problem making outbound calls to any other number - only the voicemail.

I looked through the forums and could not find cases exactly like this. I tried some of the solutions suggested for other voicemail issues - such as transferring the number to a new Google account etc - and none have worked so far.

Does anyone have any suggestions for resolving this issue? I would greatly appreciate your help!

GeeObi

You need to setup a PIN in your Google Voice account settings.
After doing that you can call your own GV number, enter the PIN and retrieve your messages, etc.

Tablu

Quote from: GeeObi on September 08, 2019, 07:00:57 PM
You need to setup a PIN in your Google Voice account settings.
After doing that you can call your own GV number, enter the PIN and retrieve your messages, etc.

Hmmm, I had the same problem. Didn't think about such an easy solution. Will go and try if I have some more problems I will write here.
Limited edition. Flats in Italy https://tranio.com/italy/apartments/