News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Re: OBi202 - lose incoming audio 2 mins into every call!

Started by Smithers, September 10, 2019, 08:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smithers

Help! I've been using my Obi202 for 5+ years, but developed problem in recent weeks.  About 2 minutes into EVERY call, I lose incoming audio - I can't hear anything, but person on the other end can still hear me.

I tried connecting a different phone to the OBi (corded instead of cordless) to confirm it wasn't the headset.

I have service with PhonePower (starting when GoogleVoice was supposed to drop support, but then Didn't at the last minute), and port to my GV number.

Any suggestions?
Thx

drgeoff

Smithers

No recent change to my router or any other hardware.
Are there router settings that I should check?
I thought it rather odd that the audio cuts out in the middle of the call, but reliably does so on every call...

drgeoff

Quote from: Smithers on September 11, 2019, 04:56:08 PM
No recent change to my router or any other hardware.
Are there router settings that I should check?
I thought it rather odd that the audio cuts out in the middle of the call, but reliably does so on every call...
If you have separate router and modem, temporarily bypass the router. Disconnect the router from the OBi and the modem. Connect the INTERNET port of the OBi202 directly to the socket on the modem where the router was plugged in.  Reboot the OBi (ie disconnect its power for 15 seconds).  After its power LED settles to steady green make a test call.  Does incoming audio still fail after 2 minutes?