News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can o have 2 obi200 use the same number?

Started by Adrian12345, May 19, 2019, 04:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrian12345

Hi guys,
can i set up 2xOBI200 (one in one building, second one in a different building) to use the same GV number? When someone calls to have both ring at the same time?

Thank you

Sheffield_Steve

Yes!

That's what it does by default.  Just set them both up and it will just work.

Southernphoneman

Quote from: Adrian12345 on May 19, 2019, 04:13:40 AM
Hi guys,
can i set up 2xOBI200 (one in one building, second one in a different building) to use the same GV number? When someone calls to have both ring at the same time?

Thank you
You can configure your set up, from your obi200, to ring more than one phone. It might take some know how, but it can be done, as those boxes can get a little pricey.

But if you are doing something like you say in seperate buildings then you could still go with two boxes,it will still work.

SteveInWA

Quote from: Southernphoneman on May 19, 2019, 05:13:21 AM
Quote from: Adrian12345 on May 19, 2019, 04:13:40 AM
Hi guys,

Thank you
You can configure your set up, from your obi200, to ring more than one phone. It might take some know how, but it can be done, as those boxes can get a little pricey.

But if you are doing something like you say in seperate buildings then you could still go with two boxes,it will still work.

There is nothing special that needs to be done to make this work.  As Sheffield_Steve posted, it simply works, by default.  All that is required is to configure the desired SP1--SP4 with the same Google account on both devices, using the OBiTALK portal.  Do not try to do this via the devices' local web pages.

Adrian12345

All done, I set up SP1 on both devices with same google number and it works :)

Thank you.

SteveInWA

Southernphoneman:

Your posts are a mess; it's unclear from looking at the post, why you are quoting, and what you have added.  If you want to contribute to a discussion, learn how to use the forum software.  If you quote a previous post, do NOT type in the section between the start and end quote tags, since it will create what looks like a quoted post, but with your comments stuck in the middle somewhere.  Instead, either simply reply without quoting, or quote, but add your comments after the end quote tag.