News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

After New Router Obi 202 won't work

Started by cloudmech, September 16, 2019, 12:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cloudmech

I was using an Actiontek  Router that Verizon had originally supplied. Frontier has since purchased the service in our area. I was having intermittent issues and they sent me a Fios Quantum G-1100 Router to replace it. Out of the box, it killed the Obi 202. I've tried a static IP with a DMZ as suggested in the Support Help pages. After that didn't work, I also tried port forwarding UDP-1000 based on an article I read at Port Forwarding com on my router. That also didn't work. I'm out of ideas.

With the static IP and DMZ, I'd get the solid green on the Power Icon plus the flashing green on the one beside it. I also disabled the DHCP, set the default Gateway and DNS according to what my router was showing. When I'd power on the obi, I'd briefly see the other lights come on but then they'd disappear leaving only the 1st two green lights on.

How do I resolve this problem? I've searched the web and am not finding any solutions that I've not already tried.