News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help with OBi 202, 2 GV Lines, 1 GV Account

Started by RVAEngineer, September 18, 2019, 12:35:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RVAEngineer

Hello helpful people!

I have done a lot of work to get this setup and I'm having issues with the final configuration and I would appreciate your help.  This is for my parent's house and I am leaving the area tomorrow morning.

I have successfully ported their home phone to google voice.  And here is the summary of stuff:

Google Voice Account (mom):

Primary Line = Ported Home Phone Number - For incoming and outgoing calls.
Secondary Line = GV Number - For incoming faxes.  I don't think you can dial out on the number...
GV shows two devices as a destination / both are the OBI device - I assume Phone 1 and Phone 2 port.

OBI Account:

Both lines are linked to the OBI 202
Not sure if I needed to setup SP1 for one phone number and SP2 for the other?
I currently have SP1 and SP2 active / only linked the one google voice account to the device.

Equipment:

OBi 202 Line 1 = Home Phone (Portable Base w/ 6 Handsets)
OBi 202 Line 2 = Fax Machine Only

Issue:

Depending on how I configure the check boxes in SP 1 and SP 2... I either get everything to ring (phone and fax) or nothing to ring, or just mom's computer.  I would like voice to go to Phone for incoming and outgoing calls.  I would like fax to go to only the fax machine on Line 2 and not ring the home phone.

Special wish list...

It would be nice to fax from the secondary GV number (plugged into Line 2 spot) but use the outgoing option of Line 1 (primary google voice number / ported home number) since outgoing from the secondary GV number is not allowed.

Anyone able to help?

And thanks!!!