News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Current Problem Obi200 Being Replaced By A New Obi200 On Its' Way

Started by graybeard47, September 18, 2019, 04:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

graybeard47

As not to bum up probably a simple removal of the old unit and replacing it with a new, is this a simple task of just plugging in the new and not follow the installation instructions all were necessary again, as on the steps for the first setup?

1. What prompts should I get automatically from Google Voice and/or Obi's interface pages? The current phone number had been ported (T-mobile)

2. Is there any areas in GV or Obi's Expert Configuration tables to be checked before, during or after if after all the green lights are on, etc. but a glitch arises.

I could not find anything of good detail of what to expect in searching here or elsewhere.

Thank you for the help

SteveInWA

• Using a desktop/laptop web browser, sign into the correct Gmail account that holds the Google Voice number you wish to use, and go here:  https://voice.google.com/settings
    • Confirm that you see your Google Voice phone number at the top of the page.  If not, this is the wrong Gmail account.
    • Look at the list of devices.  Unless you manually renamed it, you should see an entry for "OBiTALK DEVICE", followed by a digit string that includes the nine-digit OBi number found on the bottom of your to-be-deleted device.  Delete that entry off of your list of linked devices.
    • Leave this browser tab open.  Press Ctrl-T to open another browser tab.  In that tab...
    • Sign into your OBiTALK web portal account.
    • Delete the problematic OBiTALK product off of the dashboard.
    • Follow the ordinary procedure (as shown on the little piece of paper in the box) to add the new device to your dashboard by keying **5xxxx when prompted.
    • Follow the prompts to add Google Voice as SP1

drgeoff

Quote from: graybeard47 on September 18, 2019, 04:43:50 PM
As not to bum up probably a simple removal of the old unit and replacing it with a new, is this a simple task of just plugging in the new and not follow the installation instructions all were necessary again, as on the steps for the first setup?

1. What prompts should I get automatically from Google Voice and/or Obi's interface pages? The current phone number had been ported (T-mobile)

2. Is there any areas in GV or Obi's Expert Configuration tables to be checked before, during or after if after all the green lights are on, etc. but a glitch arises.

I could not find anything of good detail of what to expect in searching here or elsewhere.

Thank you for the help

You appear to be hoping that the configuration of the current OBi will be automatically loaded into the new one. Sorry, no way. You need to do a complete install on the new one.