News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can someone post what is the most up to date solution for phone not ringing, Tx

Started by kiwi2, September 20, 2019, 10:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiwi2

I just purchased an obi200 from Amazon and have a google voice number. I am experiencing the same issue as others where after setting up the device. I can make an outgoing call, but my phone does not ring for incoming calls. I spent yesterday evening  trying all the different suggested solutions, some were over a year ago, and still have not gor my phone to ring on an incoming call. Could someone please post the most up to date  solution or a link to it so I can see if I have tried it. Many thanks.

drgeoff

Quote from: kiwi2 on September 20, 2019, 10:30:51 PM
I just purchased an obi200 from Amazon and have a google voice number. I am experiencing the same issue as others where after setting up the device. I can make an outgoing call, but my phone does not ring for incoming calls. I spent yesterday evening  trying all the different suggested solutions, some were over a year ago, and still have not gor my phone to ring on an incoming call. Could someone please post the most up to date  solution or a link to it so I can see if I have tried it. Many thanks.
Wrong question.  It is the equivalent of saying to your doctor "My leg hurts, can I have the latest pill to cure that".

No, you need the one solution - no matter how old it is - that addresses the specific reason for your problem.  In the case of your OBi/GV problem there are many possible causes including but not limited to:

1.  Phone ringer turned off.

2.  Phone ringer faulty.

3.  OBi configured not to ring the phone.

4.  OBi faulty.

5.  GV not configured (at voice.google.com) with the OBi as a forwarding phone.  (The current equivalent of ticking the Chat box that you may have seen mentioned in some old and now obsolete instructions.)

6.  Your OBi configured with a different GV number than you think it is.

What exactly happens when the number is rung?  Does it go to GV voicemail?  Does the call show in the history at voice.google.com?  Does the PHONE LED on the OBi flash when the phone should be ringing?  If you take the phone off-hook when it should be ringing what happens?

On the OBi's phone, dial ***1 and note the IP address that is read out to you.  Put that address in a browser and log in with admin and admin.  Click on 'Status', then on 'Call History'.  Does the list include any incoming call attempts?