News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cannot Setup Cisco 7942 with Obi200

Started by voipnewuser, September 22, 2019, 12:17:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drgeoff

Quote from: zapattack on September 23, 2019, 12:29:30 AM
OBi DNS server is same as gateway!!!!
Hope that is a typo.
Are you sure you can dial out from the OBi phone port?
DNS and gateway being the same is not necessarily a problem. It is quite usual for a home router to be the first level DN server. Queries it cannot answer get sent to a nameserver elsewhere on the internet.

Yes, being able to call out from an analogue phone on the OBi was going to be my next question.

Revert settings to those in azrobert's post http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=12492.msg80303#msg80303

azrobert

I suspect the bug that prevents a device from registering has not been fixed. That is why I had you change the inbound routing,  "Local_Client" only works when the device is registered. The following will work without registration.

OBi200:
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D  SIP -> ProxyServer: 127.0.0.1
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D  SIP -> X_SpoofCallerID: Checked
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> AuthUserName: OBi200
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_RegisterEnable: Unchecked
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_ServProvProfile: D
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_Proxy: Unchecked  
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
{1001>(Msp1):sp1}
1001 is the IP phones's userid

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
ph,sp4(1001@lxx.xx.xx.xx:pppp)

IP Phone:
Proxy: yy.yy.yy.yy  (IP address of the OBi200)
Proxy Port: 5063     (X_UserAgentPort of OBi200 SP4 trunk)
UserID: 1001
Password: anything
Turn off registration (still might work if this is not an option)

Edit:

X_Proxy checked allows registration and perform authentication. The bug causes authentication to fail on some devices. X_Proxy unchecked bypasses authentication, but doesn't allow registration.

voipnewuser

Quote from: drgeoff on September 23, 2019, 01:38:57 AM
Quote from: zapattack on September 23, 2019, 12:29:30 AM
OBi DNS server is same as gateway!!!!
Hope that is a typo.
Are you sure you can dial out from the OBi phone port?
DNS and gateway being the same is not necessarily a problem. It is quite usual for a home router to be the first level DN server. Queries it cannot answer get sent to a nameserver elsewhere on the internet.

Yes, being able to call out from an analogue phone on the OBi was going to be my next question.

Revert settings to those in azrobert's post http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=12492.msg80303#msg80303

Yes, I can dial out and make outgoing calls via my analogue phone connected to the phone jack of Obi200.

voipnewuser

Quote from: azrobert on September 23, 2019, 06:35:10 AM
I suspect the bug that prevents a device from registering has not been fixed. That is why I had you change the inbound routing,  "Local_Client" only works when the device is registered. The following will work without registration.

OBi200:

IP Phone:

Edit:

X_Proxy checked allows registration and perform authentication. The bug causes authentication to fail on some devices. X_Proxy unchecked bypasses authentication, but doesn't allow registration.

I updated my Obi200 ITSP & SP4 config with the settings you wrote out. Still unable to make outgoing calls via Cisco IP Phone. I can still receive inbound calls though. Cisco phone has a dial tone, but after dialing a number, keeps getting a busy tone.

azrobert

Try the following for a test:

Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute: sp1

Do you have a Windows computer. You can test this setup with a softphone. This will narrow the problem to the IP phone if the softphone works.

voipnewuser

Quote from: azrobert on September 23, 2019, 10:23:31 AM
Try the following for a test:

Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute: sp1

Do you have a Windows computer. You can test this setup with a softphone. This will narrow the problem to the IP phone if the softphone works.

I used PhonerLite, and it does successfully make the outbound call.

azrobert

Did you try changing the inbound route to sp1?

voipnewuser

Quote from: azrobert on September 23, 2019, 11:09:05 AM
Did you try changing the inbound route to sp1?

Yes I did, and that's why it works when I used PhonerLite (softphone) to dial out.

I also just noticed that when I pull the LAN cable from Obi200, there is no dial tone on Cisco phone. Using wireshark, I do see that the cisco phone does attempt to dial out to destination IP 192.168.1.140 (Obi200). So at least the Cisco phone is attempting to dial out...

voipnewuser

Does anyone have access to cisco download service contract? I would like to try the 8.3.5 firmware since someone reported that firmware was the last version that works.

azrobert

An option is to get a $15 one-time fee account at PBXes.com. 2000 max minutes per month. If you're interested, I can give you more details.

voipnewuser

Any other ideas? Can I downgrade my Obi200 firmware if this is a phone registration issue?

voipnewuser

Quote from: azrobert on September 23, 2019, 06:35:10 AM

OBi200:

IP Phone:

Edit:

Just wanted to update for other people planning on using 7942/7962. I got it to work (I was able to dial out and receive calls), and the problem was mainly due to the dial plan.xml config!!!

1. I followed azorobert's config as above, making sure X_Proxy is UNCHECKED!
2. I used firmware 8.5.4 (Firmware v9.0 and above will not work as it uses TCP/Callmanager)
3. I made sure the IP phone is on the same Subnet as the router thanks to drgeoff for pointing that out.
4. On the IP Phone, outboundproxy and proxyport must be filled in w/ Obi's IP address, w/ registration set to FALSE.
5. CHECK THE DIALPLAN.XML! I used a sample dialplan.xml that was apparently not correct. I searched for another dialplan.xml that corresponds w/ my 7942, and it worked! The only reason I found out was to check the phone's status and it said "Error loading dialplan.xml" even though the TFTPD/Wireshark logs did not mentioned about that at all.

Thanks for all the help again! Hopefully, there won't be any further problems.  :D

EDIT: I do noticed on my cell phone's callerID that when I dial out from Cisco IP Phone, if I use the format +15555555555, It'll display some weird 14 digit as the caller, but when I dial using 5555555555, it'll display Unknown as the caller?? Is there a fix to that display of 14 digits?