News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

With Comcast as new service provider can no longer fax outbound

Started by OLDSERVERGUY, September 23, 2019, 01:27:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OLDSERVERGUY

I recently switched from plain DSL to Comcast cable internet.  Faxing worked fine before - I sent 100s of pages without a problem using a OBi202.  Voice calls on port 1 are reasonable quality and I have one Google Voice line.  Trying to fax on port 2 from a new HP 7740 (aka the big guy) just get communication errors.  Same results if plugged into port 1.  Also tried my Epson ET-4750 tank printer with the same results.  I have customer owned Arris SBG6950AC2 modem so I turned SIP off and rebooted the router.  Same problem.  Turned SIP back on. Haven't tried inbound fax as I never gotten one in years.  Strange thing - with a laptop connected to the OBi202 a speed test download varies from 8-22 while a desktop hooked to the same upstream switch is a solid 29 Mbps download.  Both uploads are +2 Mbps.  To troubleshoot I attached the OBi202 directly to the router but had the same failures.
HELP!!!!

OLDSERVERGUY

Just to be clear.  I tested with the OBi202 both directly attached to the Arris and with it in it's normal configuration behind one of two newer high-end routers attached to the Arris and then everything off them and thru newer powerline adapters or wireless repeaters as my office is in a detached garage.  If I can get it to work directly attached to the Arris I can work out any other networking issues with the equipment I have.

Arris of course just punted the problem to Obihai even though the real change is their modem.  Oh well - just one of the joys of mostly being retired.

drgeoff

On your fax machine try turning the speed down and the error correction off. (Yes, off.)