News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Porting from Spectrum to GV via T-Mobile no Longer Works. What to use?

Started by bdean, September 25, 2019, 05:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bdean

Sorry if my title is confusing.  In the past, I've ported some landlines from various providers to T-Mobile, and then to Google Voice.  I would often the $10 sim card as a $3/month pay as you go account.  So, it was only $15 for T-Mobile, and $20 for Google Voice porting.

I've been asked by friends to help their parents port their numbers from Spectrum (VOIP landline) to Google Voice.  Today, when I went into the T-mobile store, I was informed that the $3 pay as you go plan is gone.  The cheapest plan was around $50/month.  That's a no-go.

What are other ways I can port the number from Spectrum to an intermediary and then to Google Voice.  I really appreciate your help.

SteveInWA

You should still be able to get a SIM with a minimum of $10 of calling/texting from Ultra Mobile, which is the company that T-Mobile offloaded their prepaid business to.

Or, try AT&T Prepaid.

bdean

Thanks.  So I did some searching, and found the same $3 plan here: https://www.ultramobile.com/paygo/.  It looks like it's sold in T-Mobile corporate stores. 

Thank you SteveInWA for the heads up.

bdean

Giving everyone a heads up that the Ultra mobile cards are significantly more expensive.  Under T-Mobile, they used to be $10.  Now they're $30.