News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice on Obi508vs

Started by Rock737Hound, September 29, 2019, 04:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock737Hound

I obtained an Obi508vs and followed the instructions to set up Google Voice on the Obi508vs device.  I am able to complete the Test Call using OBiTalk and dialing * * 9   222 222 222.

At my OBiTALK web account portal I see that SP1 is Google Voice and the status says 'Connected'.   Port 1 is set to SP1.

On my Obi508 local web administration page I see that SP1 Service Status is 'Connected'.    I have ITSP Profile A setup as Google Voice. 

I am still unable to get the phone to ring for inbound calls, or place outbound calls.

Ideas?

LTN1

Unfortunately for you, Polycom doesn't seem to presently support Google Voice on the OBi508vs--and hasn't done it for  many months.

I don't know why on Amazon, Polycom still markets the device as Google Voice compatible.

For now, you are out of luck. Is there legal recourse? I think so--based on the continued marketing as being usable with GV. Is it worth your time and expense? For me, no. Maybe for you. At least try a small claims suit if you live in CA. Let us know but leaving poor reviews on Amazon doesn't seem to be helping people with the 508s.

Rock737Hound

LTN1 - Thank you for the feedback.   I mostly just wanted to see if I could get Google Voice to work on the Obi508.  I am content to use CallCentric or a similar service with my Obi508.