News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Adding Two Step Verification To GV

Started by bsdaiwa, September 30, 2019, 09:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsdaiwa

I have been using OBi's and GV for years without two step verification. I am now looking at implementing two step verification on the GV lines but I am not sure how to set this up. Can anyone tell me how to add two step verification to an existing GV line on an OBi device?

SteveInWA

Google Voice is not a standalone app.  It is a service, just like Gmail, Calendar, Contacts, Docs, etc.  All Google services are accessed via a Google account (a Gmail address and password).

So, if you want to use 2SV on your Google account, then sure, you can do that.  However, OBiTALK devices are not signing into your full Google account.  You perform a one-time authorization to allow the OBiTALK device to access the Google Voice service on your Google account.  When you do this, you are already signed in to your Google account.  The OBiTALK procedure exchanges OAUTH secure tokens that are specific to that device.

Learn more about Google's 2SV here:  https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185839?hl=en&ref_topic=2954345

bsdaiwa