News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Ring tones OBI20

Started by Methias, October 03, 2019, 11:00:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Methias

I really like my OBI202. I am however a little confused about the ring tone codes.
My setup ;
Sp1 is Inphonex with a ported line
Inphonex is set up to forward to my OBI202 and my GV account on sp3.
Sp2 & sp3 are GV numbers.
Line one and two use sp1 for all outgoing and 911.
Sp1 rings line 1 and both GV lines ring line 2.

I want different ring tones for each GV line so we can tell if it is my ladies line or mine.
First, I do not understand the ring codes.
      60;(.3+.2,1+.2,.3+4)
Is there a way to change frequency and length of or pattern of the rings?
All I can get it to do is a solid ring (just one long continuous ring) of one tone on line 2.
Line 1 rings correctly.

Thank you for any help offered.

Methias

Quote from: drgeoff on October 03, 2019, 11:46:28 AM
https://www.obitalk.com/info/documents/admin_guide/OBiDeviceAdminGuide.pdf page 163.
That helps a lot, thanks.
For some reason phone line 2 just does a constant ring.
I created the following ring tone #10
      60;(.5+2,.5+2,.5+2,.5+5)
This ( if I understand)  will ring for 60 seconds with 4 quick stutters followed by a5 second pause and do again.
If I set GV sip2 to ringtone 10 and to ring on line 1 it works however when I set it to ring on L2 just one long ring.
I just know that I'm missing something basic but,,,,,

azrobert

".5+2" rings for a 1/2 second followed by 2 seconds of silence. I don't consider that a quick stutter.

Try using the working L1 phone on L2.

Methias

Quote from: azrobert on October 04, 2019, 08:45:09 AM
".5+2" rings for a 1/2 second followed by 2 seconds of silence. I don't consider that a quick stutter.

Try using the working L1 phone on L2.

OK stutter, not the best word.  However I expect it to be silent for 2 seconds between chimes. No silence, just riiiiiiinnnnnnnggggggggg.
I have an AT&T 2 line cordless phone plugged in to Phone line 1 with a 4 wire phone plug that does both L1+L2.
But you got me thinking ::),  maybe two 2 wire cords plugged in to L1 and L2 on phone and my OBI202 will allow me to reverse the lines and see if the phone itself is the issue.

Getting some other phone cords and I will report back with the results
Thank you.

Methias

Allright.
Thank you for your help.
The new just out of the box AT&T two line cordless phone system is messed up.  The constant ring is the phones issue.
Calling support first to see if there's a simple fix or send back to Amazon.

Again,
Thank you.
I really like this forum and helpful members.
Hopefully I can pass some help on to others in the future.
;D

azrobert

I had a phone that wouldn't ring with a short ring duration. Increasing the ring by a 1/10 or 2 fixed the problem. I realize it's a single 2 line phone and L1 and L2 should act the same, but it can't hurt increasing the duration.

Methias

OK I got the timing of ring on and off.
Rebooted the obi202,  while replacing the two phone cords with two newer (analog) two wire phone cords
Then rebooted the phone then the OBI202.
Did a backup,
Deleted both GV lines.
Rebooted again,,,  
Added both GV accounts again
Went back to expert config and made up ringtones (a bit longer),,,
Tested,, ,  , and
It is behaving.
Thank you everyone who chimed in.

I read something about pitch or frequency but it seemed to be speaker tones. Dial tone, busy signal,,,,
Can I use something like this in the ring profiles?

480+3,620+3;60;(.75+1.5)
???
Is that even an option?
Again
Thank you

Methias

Quote from: Methias on October 04, 2019, 08:06:05 AM
Quote from: drgeoff on October 03, 2019, 11:46:28 AM
https://www.obitalk.com/info/documents/admin_guide/OBiDeviceAdminGuide.pdf page 163.
That helps a lot, thanks.
For some reason phone line 2 just does a constant ring.
I created the following ring tone #10
      60;(.5+2,.5+2,.5+2,.5+5)
This ( if I understand)  will ring for 60 seconds with 4 quick stutters followed by a5 second pause and do again.
If I set GV sip2 to ringtone 10 and to ring on line 1 it works however when I set it to ring on L2 just one long ring.
I just know that I'm missing something basic but,,,,,

OK I understand why I had the constant ring when one called my sp1. That also (from my VOIP forwarding)  was ringing in on sp3. both 1+3 were on serv profile A, ring profile A, and codec profile A.
Sp2 was profile B.
So by deleting both GV sp2+sp3 then reinstalling them reversed, I get the call on line 1 on profile A and also to my GV (now sp2) line using profile B. The continued ringing stopped.
Turns out that the OBI202 can handle two incoming calls simultaneously, and ring as coded, providing the calls use different profiles A or B.
Both on A causes uncontrolled ringing.
At least that is what I have found.

drgeoff

Quote from: Methias on October 05, 2019, 10:48:37 PM
I read something about pitch or frequency but it seemed to be speaker tones. Dial tone, busy signal,,,,
Can I use something like this in the ring profiles?

480+3,620+3;60;(.75+1.5)
???
Is that even an option?
Again
Thank you

The pitch of the sound emitted by the phone's ringer is determined only by the phone. Not an OBi limitation, but a consequence of how phones work.

Methias

Quote from: drgeoff on October 06, 2019, 01:38:37 AM
Quote from: Methias on October 05, 2019, 10:48:37 PM
I read something about pitch or frequency ----
-----
Is that even an option?
Again
Thank you

The pitch of the sound emitted by the phone's ringer is determined only by the phone. Not an OBi limitation, but a consequence of how phones work.
Thank you drgeoff,
I didn't think it would work but had to both ask and try.
you get no rings at all with that as a ringtone....

again thank you