News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi2182 with OBiEHS & Jabra GN9125

Started by Logan, October 04, 2019, 11:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logan

I migrated from an OBi1062 to an OBi2182. I had my OBiEHS with Jabra GN9125 working perfectly on the OBi1062. I followed the below instructions for setting up the OBiEHS. All functionality on the headset works. People I speak to can hear me perfectly and I can hear them perfectly. The ONLY issue I have is that when I speak, I can hear myself speak through my headset with a digital/microphoney type sound. Difficult to describe. Sounds like the gains on my mic should be lowered, but it seems this isn't the problem since people I speak to can hear me perfectly. Any ideas what settings I could modify to reduce or eliminate the sound I hear through the earpiece from my own voice?

Connect the headset base unit to the brand-specific adapter cable (Plantronics: APS-11 / Jabra: Jabra LINK 14201-10).
    Connect the other end of the brand-specific adapter cable to the female-to-female adapter (supplied in the OBi EHS cable kit). Note: If you are using a standard DHSG compliant headset, you will not need to use this adapter. E.g. Sennheiser OfficeRunner.
    Connect the RJ45 end of the OBi EHS cable to the open end of the female-to-female adapter.
    Connect one of the two (2) remaining ends of the OBi EHS cable to the AUX port of the OBi IP phone
    Connect the other OBi EHS cable end to the Headset port of the OBi IP phone.
    Go to the web page of the phone. In the "User Settings / User Preferences" area there is a parameter called: "EhsEnable". Choose the correct selection for your headset. Select Submit.

SteveInWA

The behavior you described is intentional, and it's known as "side tone".  It is a psycho-acoustic phenomenon, whereby, if you don't hear anything at all in your ear when you speak, your brain gets confused (it would be like talking while you firmly cover your ears or wear earplugs).  So, a slight amount of audio is fed back to the earpiece.

You can turn down the value until it seems right to you.  You can also play with the other headset audio settings to get it to your preference.  See my settings below (this is for the several-generations-newer Jabra 9470, but its settings are pretty close to the 9125).

Logan

These settings solved the problem. Thank you for posting. Also, thank you for posing the info on the "side tone". Always great to learn something new.

SteveInWA

Great!  Note that the settings will vary, depending on your hearing, the model of headset and your personal preference, so feel free to experiment, as you spend time using the headset.