News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi2182 - Different ring tones with different phone lines?

Started by Logan, October 04, 2019, 12:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logan

I have 6 GV lines setup on my OBi2182. Is there a way to setup a different ring tone for different lines? If not, is there a way I can turn the ringer off for 1 line and not the other 5? I'd still like to be able to answer phone calls from that line as well as make outgoing calls. I just don't want to hear the ringer whenever it rings without disabling the ringer on the other lines. Thank you.

drgeoff

I don't have a 2182 but it is probably similar enough to the OBi1000 series that the Admin Guide for those has relevant information.

Logan

drgeoff, thank you for the response. Per the Admin guide, it states the below. Is this what I need to figure out how to do in order to turn the ringer off on one of my lines?

Ring Tones
Ring tone is one of the data types included in the phone customization data package. They are stored in the internal folder /ringtones/. Ringtone filenames must be ended with the ".wav" extension.
Phone Customization Data Package
Customizable data must be wrapped into one single data package in order to upload onto the phone. The final uploadable data package is a tar file that may be optionally gzipped. The size of tar file must be no bigger than 30 MBytes. Inside the tar file, the data should be organized with the same folder structure as the way they are stored in the phone internal storage:
/backgnd Wall paper (background pictures) and logo.raw (splash screen)
/dict Dictionary files
/fonts Text font files
/ringtones Ring tone files
/people Phone book contact pictures
As an example, create a directory /home/test/obiphone-data on a linux machine that constains a folder structure as described above. Copy all the data files to be uploaded to the phone in the corresponding folders in this directory, and issue the following command lines to create the target tar file:
% cd /home/test/obiphone-data
% tar –zcvf ../obiphone-data.tar.gz *
Note that the tar command must be issued inside of the working directory obiphone-data, as OBi Phone will NOT strip the first level in the tar file.
In addition, you can use the following command line to generate the MD5 checksum of the target tar file after it is created:
% md5sum obiphone-data.tar.gz
The MD5 checksum will be used as the version of the target customization data package and it must be configured on the phones also in order to trigger them to download a different version of the package if the currently installed package has a different MD5 checksum from the configured MD5 checksum. This is explained further in the following section.

drgeoff

No.

I don't have a OBi2182 but I do have a OBi1032 phone and other OBi1x0 and OBi20x ATA.  All of those have the following.  The Admin Guide appears to confirm that the 2182 does too.

Under "Ring Settings" there is Profile A and Profile B.  Each of those has 10 programmable Ring Patterns. (Scroll down past the Call Waiting Tones).  They look like 60;(2+4).  Modify one of those to result in "Ringing is skipped" (page 204 of the Admin Guide). Then under the SP that you want to not ring, select that Profile and Pattern.

Logan

Awesome. Got it working. Thank you for the help.

As an update to anybody else trying to disable the ringer on a specific line, you can skip the "Ring Settings">Profile A or Profile B stuff... Instead, go straight into Voice Services>SPx Service>x_DefaultRing> and select "Silence". Reboot your phone and you're good to go.