News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Numbers for callerid stopped showing up on my attached phone on October 1st?

Started by metaphormixer, October 06, 2019, 06:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

metaphormixer

I have an OBi200 that I have been using since February 1st, 2018.

The caller id numbers have been displayed on my vtech cordless phones since I originally set this up.

However for the last week when calls come in my cordless phones are only showing "incoming call" instead of the phone number.  I went on one of the cordless phones and checked the caller id log and the last caller id log is from September 30th.

If I login to the OBi200, on the call history page I can see the phone numbers of the incoming calls.

This is rather annoying since I get a lot of unwanted spam calls on my phone.  My kids and I look at the incoming caller id numbers to decide whether or not to pick up the phone.  If we can not see the caller id numbers maybe our only choice is to just let all of the calls go to voicemail.

I have not changed anything with my OBi200 or my cordless phones since I first set them up.

Does anyone know why the caller id numbers would stop showing up on my cordless phones like this?  Maybe there was some sort of automated software update pushed out to the OBi200 that broke it?

LTN1

Do you have any other phones with caller ID that you can try to rule it it isn't a problem with the VTech? If not, can you borrow one just for testing purposes?

drgeoff

Try rebooting the phone. Disconnect power to the base station for 15 seconds. Remove a battery from the handset for 15 seconds.

metaphormixer

Thanks for the suggestion of rebooting the VTech base station!  I rebooted it, called and the caller id numbers showed up on the base station and handsets.

peremodawet

Quote from: metaphormixer on October 06, 2019, 06:44:51 AM
I have an OBi200 that I have been using since February 1st, 2018.

The caller id numbers have been displayed on my vtech cordless phones since I originally set this up.

However for the last week vidmate when calls come in my cordless phones are only showing "incoming tutuappcall" instead of the phone number.  I went on one of the cordless phones and checked the caller id log and the last caller id log is from September 30th.

If I login to the OBi200, on the call history page I can see the phone numbers of the incoming calls.

This is rather annoying since I get a lot of unwanted spam calls on my phone.  My kids and I look at the incoming caller id numbers to plex decide whether or not to pick up the phone.  If we can not see the caller id numbers maybe our only choice is to just let all of the calls go to voicemail.

I have not changed anything with my OBi200 or my cordless phones since I first set them up.

Does anyone know why the caller id numbers would stop showing up on my cordless phones like this?  Maybe there was some sort of automated software update pushed out to the OBi200 that broke it?

Hi buddy, there can be two scene:
1. May be some thirdparty app is causing the issue.
2. May be DNS cache, just try clearing it and restart.

And you are good to go.

Regards,
Sloth Smith