News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV down? (Stuck "Connecting to 216.239.36.144")

Started by Marc, October 10, 2019, 07:19:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc

Not sure if GV is down or wtf is going on.  All of my Obi devices which had been working as of 12 hours ago, are now showing "Connecting to 216.239.36.144" in the Obitalk portal.

I don't know if this could have anything to do with it, but last night I added 3 Obi2182s, tried connecting them to GV, but bc they are stuck on an older firmware that uses xmpp, they are not working.

Then this morning I received a call on my cell (through Hangouts) that did not ring on my Obi202 connected phone or my Obi1032.

I switched my dns to the google dns, as someone in another thread suggested worked for them.. made no difference. Didn't expect it to since Obitalk was already showing an IP and not FQDN.

This is the first time in a long time GV has stopped working for me :(

I rebooted both devices, reauthenticated to Google on one of them, made no difference.

Thoughts?  Help?

Marc

PS: I have a 1062 at a different location on a totally different network that is also showing "Connecting to 216.239.36.144." So either it's a larger problem or adding the 2182s with the old firmware somehow compromised my GV account.
OBi110 (stored in closet now,) OBi200 x 3, Polycom 200 x 1, OBi202 x 4, Polycom 202 x 2, OBi1032 x 3, OBi1062 x 5, OBi2182 x 3

Combination of GV (consumer,) CallCentric & voip.ms both direct and via Asterisk.

stockman

sunqx

Having the same issue. Also got an email from OBiTalk saying "Your voice service is not registering. This could be due to a temporary service disruption or an incorrect login credential. In most cases, reconfiguring the voice service with the proper login credential will resolve the issue."

Sheffield_Steve

cl15219

Reboot fixed the connection problem, but the devices that have been rebooted say Registration Not Required, and still don't work, or don't work for long. I've tried removing the Obitalk device from GV and registering it again and that does not fix the problem. Additionally the obitalk device does not show up in GV, so the registration doesn't' seem to work.

Sheffield_Steve

In my case a reboot fixed it totally.

It shows "Connected" and can make and receive calls.

stockman

cz878

Same issue here. I have several devices across different locations/numbers all down this morning.

Edit: remotely rebooting fixed some but not all devices... Will try the unplug method.

stockman

ok this time i unplugged for 5-10 minutes then i plugged back in the power cord and it is working.  thank you all

sunqx

Didn't do anything and now the status is showing "connected".  Assume that Obi fixed it.

Marc

Seems to be fixed.  Would be nice if we could get some info about what happened... but I don't think we'll be that lucky.
OBi110 (stored in closet now,) OBi200 x 3, Polycom 200 x 1, OBi202 x 4, Polycom 202 x 2, OBi1032 x 3, OBi1062 x 5, OBi2182 x 3

Combination of GV (consumer,) CallCentric & voip.ms both direct and via Asterisk.

glenviewjeff

Still down for me in Chicago. After reboot, still stuck with status Connecting to 216.239.36.144

Quote from: Marc on October 10, 2019, 08:52:28 AM
Seems to be fixed.  Would be nice if we could get some info about what happened... but I don't think we'll be that lucky.

konolua

Just to make the thread longer, and possibly more noticeable, I have this same issue with no steps towards resolution working (re-authenticate, reboot, etc).

Looking for a fix soon. I am a 3 month old user of this and needless to say a little irritated. Stuff happens, that is fine, but would love updates as a result. Google Voice works perfect on all my other non-Obi devices.

lrosenman

Phew, so it's not just me.  It seems to be partially fixed. (I have 2 GV numbers on one Obi202, and one connects the other is connecting to 216.239.36.144)

lrosenman

and on a reboot, both are on 'Connecting to 216.239.36.144'

sir_rob

There are at least two threads on this now, and so far I have no solution for my Obi202's (re-authenticate, reboot, unplug for 5 minutes, etc.).  I am guessing that there is a partial outage right now.

Marc

That was short lived..  All 6 of my Obi devices are down again.. Connecting to 216.239.36.144

I'm guess there's a communication glitch between Obi servers and GV servers.

OBiSupport

OBi devices registered to Google Voice services may be experiencing intermittent connection issues.  There is no need to restart/reboot the OBi device.  Service will restore on its own. 

OBiTALK device management services run completely independent from the voice services configured on the device. And except for first time configuration, said voice services are in no way dependent on OBiTALK service.

Marc

So first, thank you for the update.

Second, so am I to understand that when in Obitalk it says for GV status "Connecting to 216..." that it doesn't mean Obi servers are connecting, but that the device itself it attempting to connect?  I knew that was the case for typical SIP services, but I was under the impression that Obi and GV had a special arrangement and since their SIP service isn't available to consumers outside using Obi devices, that there must be some sort of phone home connection.  No?

Thank you,
Marc

Quote from: OBiSupport on October 10, 2019, 10:51:49 AM
OBi devices registered to Google Voice services may be experiencing intermittent connection issues.  There is no need to restart/reboot the OBi device.  Service will restore on its own. 

OBiTALK device management services run completely independent from the voice services configured on the device. And except for first time configuration, said voice services are in no way dependent on OBiTALK service.

SteveInWA

Quote from: Marc on October 10, 2019, 11:36:16 AM
So first, thank you for the update.

Second, so am I to understand that when in Obitalk it says for GV status "Connecting to 216..." that it doesn't mean Obi servers are connecting, but that the device itself it attempting to connect?  I knew that was the case for typical SIP services, but I was under the impression that Obi and GV had a special arrangement and since their SIP service isn't available to consumers outside using Obi devices, that there must be some sort of phone home connection.  No?

Thank you,
Marc

Quote from: OBiSupport on October 10, 2019, 10:51:49 AM

It means that your OBiTALK device is trying (and failing) to connect to Google Voice.  It does not mean that it is trying to connect to OBiTALK.