News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV down? (Stuck "Connecting to 216.239.36.144")

Started by Marc, October 10, 2019, 07:19:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc

Quote from: SteveInWA on October 10, 2019, 01:36:45 PM

It means that your OBiTALK device is trying (and failing) to connect to Google Voice.  It does not mean that it is trying to connect to OBiTALK.

That's not what I was saying.  Clearly the devices have had no problem connecting to Obitalk as configurations could be changed, SPs added/removed, etc.  I was referring to the Obitalk servers communicating with GV vs the device going directly, as they do for all standard SIP services.  That was all.
OBi110 (stored in closet now,) OBi200 x 3, Polycom 200 x 1, OBi202 x 4, Polycom 202 x 2, OBi1032 x 3, OBi1062 x 5, OBi2182 x 3

Combination of GV (consumer,) CallCentric & voip.ms both direct and via Asterisk.

SteveInWA

What *I* was trying to explain is simply rephrasing what OBi support said:

Communication between the OBiTALK back-end provisioning system and Google Voice is only necessary during the initial configuration (set-up) of a Google Voice account on your device.  During this procedure, the provisioning system, with your explicit permission, creates an OAUTH security token, which is stored on your device.  After that's done, there is no further interaction between the OBiTALK servers and Google Voice.  Your device is registering directly with the Google Voice service on your Google account, using the token.

RFC3261

btw, just for reference, (pretty much) all of Google's services are anycasted, so it is important that one include their location in such anecdotal reports so that others can compare/contrast (your Google datacenter is unlikely the same as mine, and we can easily see different results at the same time).

JosephD

I have been using my obi200 successfully for about 6 months when the GV stopped working. Sp2 and 3 work just fine, but GV gives me the message "the number you have dialed... has not received and response from the service provider". It does work for about 10 to 15 minutes after a reboot, but then the call either just gets quiet or I get white noise. I reboot again, and it works again for 10 or 15 minutes, and then stops working. This happens both with unplugging and with ***9 1.

On the dashboard everything seems fine.

Any ideas?