News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Stuck on 'Configuring' and now 'Offline'

Started by AnalogBoy, October 10, 2019, 02:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnalogBoy

Got Obi200 about a month ago and everything was fine. Swapped out my provider's cable modem with my own today and the OBI/GV is the only thing not working. Have tried to reconnect the OBI to my GV account and it just spins on 'Configuring' and after about 10 minutes just goes to 'Offline'.

Oh, and I've been able to 'communicate' with the Obi and it seems happy so I'm thinking the problem is with the GV connectivity.

Any help/tips greatly appreciated. Thanks.

AnalogBoy

Welp, I guess I should have just tried ONE MORE TIME because I did and now it's connected and works - thanks.

drgeoff

Quote from: Southernphoneman on October 10, 2019, 03:37:33 PM
Quote from: AnalogBoy on October 10, 2019, 02:41:44 PM
Got Obi200 about a month ago and everything was fine. Swapped out my provider's cable modem with my own today and the OBI/GV is the only thing not working. Have tried to reconnect the OBI to my GV account and it just spins on 'Configuring' and after about 10 minutes just goes to 'Offline'.

Oh, and I've been able to 'communicate' with the Obi and it seems happy so I'm thinking the problem is with the GV connectivity.

Any help/tips greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Yes obi will blame google voice and google voice will blame obi but none will accept responsibility for what is going on.
After you have configured your OBi ATA or OBiPhone to work with GV, that ATA or OBiPhone is the only OBi hardware or software that plays any part in making or receiving GV calls.  No network gear, no server run by or on behalf of Obihai/Polycom. All call set up messages and all voice data is directly between your OBi device and GV servers. Other than by pushing out a faulty firmware update to all the people who experienced the problem there is no way that Obihai/Polycom can cause the GV service to go down.