News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cannot change gains on OBi200

Started by disputes123, October 13, 2019, 04:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disputes123

I recently picked up an OBi200. Works well for the most part but the person on the other end says that my voice is really quiet. I want to change the TX gain. When I go into the web interface, "default" is unchecked for TX and RX gain and TX gain is set to -5 while RX gain is sent to -4. If I either try to change them, or check default, and save and restart, it goes right back to how it is - gains of -5 and -4ีีีีufabet9x.com

What do I need to do to change these parameters? Is something wrong with my unit?

SteveInWA

Welcome to OBi-world!

You're making the "noob error" that everyone makes, because it isn't obvious:  use the OBiTALK gateway to make changes, in "Expert" mode.  Don't use the local web page (192.x.x.x or 10.x.x.x).  You must un-check BOTH boxes to the far right of the row to enable editing.  Click "Submit" at the bottom of the page after editing.  Wait a few minutes for the portal to send the new configuration to your device.

Aside from that, the other confusion that you've fallen into, is that the TX and RX settings are counter-intuitive.  "RX" is the audio signal that the OBi is "hearing" from your telephone's microphone; hence, it is the value to change when people can't hear you loud enough, or too loud.  "TX" is the audio signal that the OBi is sending to your telephone's speaker.

Everyone's telephone hardware and human hearing are different, so your settings will vary from default.  I have a modest hearing loss, and I find that setting TX and RX to -3 works for me and for the people on the other end of the call.