News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBIExtras and 911 configuration?

Started by RichMD, October 13, 2019, 06:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichMD

I've had a OBI202 for a few years with Google Voice.  For the past year I had Anveo - simply to have 911 support.  Rather than renew for $39.95 per year, I decided to go with OBIExtras since it APPEARS as though 911 is included and I would have Google contacts integration, etc.
I signed up for OBIExtras but I don't see anywhere in the OBIExtras Settings that has anything to do with 911.  It has icons for business 411, OBI Voice command, Alarm monitoring, etc. but NOTHING that I can find about E911.  ??? What do I need to do to configure 911 if I only have GV and OBIExtras - i.e. no Anveo on SP2 anymore which would have been used for 911 outbound.

RichMD

I forgot to include a pic of why I think OBIExtras includes 911 service.  In the past I didn't think that was the case but this page seems to indicate it does now.

Taoman

Quote from: RichMD on October 13, 2019, 06:50:49 PM
I forgot to include a pic of why I think OBIExtras includes 911 service.  In the past I didn't think that was the case but this page seems to indicate it does now.

If you are referring to the line that says "emergency calling services" it is talking about Alarm Monitoring.
Alarm Monitoring

ANY provider that supports FCC approved E911 services will explicitly say so. Nowhere on any web pages or videos for OBiExtras does it say anything about E911.

You will need to pay for a separate service provider (like you had with Anveo) to provide you with E911 service on SP2. Two likely options might be Callcentric and/or VoIP.ms. I believe they both charge $1.50/month.

mike1971

You can add anveo at $1.50 a month also.   

SteveInWA

Quote from: Taoman on October 13, 2019, 08:43:35 PM
Quote from: RichMD on October 13, 2019, 06:50:49 PM

If you are referring to the line that says "emergency calling services" it is talking about Alarm Monitoring.
Alarm Monitoring

ANY provider that supports FCC approved E911 services will explicitly say so. Nowhere on any web pages or videos for OBiExtras does it say anything about E911.

You will need to pay for a separate service provider (like you had with Anveo) to provide you with E911 service on SP2. Two likely options might be Callcentric and/or VoIP.ms. I believe they both charge $1.50/month.

Well, no.

If you look at that entire page, it is supposedly a apples-to-apples comparison of the total cost of service, assuming that the user purchases some sort of Internet Telephone Service Provider's services.  So, the E911 service they mention would be a feature of the ITSP, that works on the OBi.