News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Private Caller on Caller ID

Started by rsgoodin, October 14, 2019, 06:43:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rsgoodin

I'm trying to figure out why I never see incoming Caller ID.  Could this be related to OBIEXTRAs?

All of my incoming calls simply say Private Caller on the display, but looking at the Call History directly on an OBI202 box shows both a number and CNAM information in the log.  But, this info doesn't seem to be output to the actual phone.

I have a Grandstream VoIP box, whose phone connection goes to the input line of an OBI202 box.  The output of the first OBI202 box connects to a second OBI202 box.  The last OBI202 box has the connection to a phone.

Calls made to any of the three boxes all ring the phone, but Caller ID information never seems to make it.  It only says Private Caller.

Is there any possibility that the OBI202 boxes strips off Caller ID on input from an external line?  I don't see why it would.

I am puzzled.  Any suggestions?  I'd rather not buy a new phone unless I know it is at fault in some way.

drgeoff

Goodness knows why you have three boxes daisychained. You must also have OBiLINES on the two OBi202s.

Connect the phone to the Grandstream. What does the phone show on an incoming call?