News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

how to edit DigitMap to add dial tone for SP2 outbound call

Started by Rick484, October 14, 2019, 11:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick484

I've owned Obi200 for a few years and used Obitalk web portal to set up Obi200 for one residential phone number.  I recently ported this number, and a second number, to new provider, Voip.ms    Their recommended set up is not to use Obitalk portal but to use web browser interface to edit Obi200 fields directly.   After some work, trial and error, questions to support, etc  I have this working.   Two incoming phone numbers ring one physical phone, I choose a distinctive ring for the second incoming line.  Outgoing calls work, defaults to first number (SP1) and I can press  **2  plus number to dial out on the second line.

However, as a reminder to me that I pressed **2 correctly, I would prefer a confirmation dial tone before I dial the phone number for the second outgoing line.  I don't HAVE to do this, but I'm also interested in learning more about how to correctly configure the Obi200.

I read about DigitMap (and how complicated it can be to understand -- it reminds me of trying to learn  regular expressions in  text editors' search and replace function).  I think I want to insert  some text into the DigitMap  (either for ITSP Profile B  or both  ITSP Profile A and  ITSP Profile B ).    Text like   **2{t=di2}(Msp2)   or something.

I am using the default DigitMap recommended by voip.ms  in their wiki for setting up Obi100, Obi200, etc  for their service.  
https://wiki.voip.ms/article/OBi_100/110_%26_OBi_200
This is
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1555>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|911|011xx.|xx.|*xx.|***xxx|4xxx|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)  

(with "555"  replaced by my  USA local area code . )

I am okay with either  just another dial tone for second line;  or maybe fancier, to have distinct dial tones for when I am dialing out on SP1  default or by pressing **1  and dialing out on SP2 after pressing  **2  

Thanks for any help with proper editing.

azrobert

Your example "**2{t=di2}(Msp2)" should work, but the code should be placed in the Phone DigitMap.

Go To:
Physical Interfaces -> Phone1 Port -> Digitmap

Change rule "**2(Msp2)" to "**2{t=di2}(Msp2)".

The 2nd dial tone will end when you enter a digit after the "**2", so this might not work if you have a phone where you dial a number and then press Talk/Send.

Rick484

azrobert,
Thank you!  That worked.  And I see my error. 

I had tried to edit the DigitMap under  Service Providers / ITSP Profile A / General.   The correct DigitMap field is under, as you wrote,  Physical Interfaces / Phone1 Port. 

I didn't know there was another DigitMap field.  The 17-page and 19-page documents, from 2014, on "Obi DigitMaps" and  "Tutorial on Digit Maps and Call Routing for Obi devices", that I skimmed and searched , only mention the DigitMap field under ITSP profiles.   So even if I had read them very closely, I don't think I would have learned to look for another DigitMap field.

Thanks again for your help.

azrobert

Actually the ITSP DigitMaps don't do anything by themselves. This is how the OBi devices work:

Routing an outbound call is a 2 step process.
The Phone Port DigitMap validates the dialed number.
The last rule (Mpli) will include the rules in primary line's DigitMap.
If the dialed number doesn't match a rule, you will receive a fast busy.

If the dialed number matches a rule in the DigitMap, the phone port OutboundCallRoute will get control and route the call to the primary line using rule {(Mpli):pli}
No match will get an error message "No service Configure error".

If you didn't have the refer backs to the ITSP DigitsMaps, they wouldn't do anything.

Trunk Groups work differently than the above.