News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Polycom VVX250 with Obitalk/Googlevoice

Started by khanjedi, October 15, 2019, 06:36:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

khanjedi

Hello,

I bought a brand new Polycom VVX250 from Amazon, thinking it would work with Obitalk and my free googlevoice that I have configured on my Obitalk.

I have a ObiHai 1092 and Obihai 202 with an old Polycom soundstation, both are configured via Obitalk and work just fine with google voice without issues.

I wanted to add in the Polycom, but can't figure it out. I plugged into into the network, it has an ip, an the webpage is able to come up. Only configuration I see is for Sip username/pass and ip. I don't see anywhere to setup the Obitalk with it.

And from Obitalk side, they only want you to do **##### and then it should auto configure but that doesn't do anything on my phone. I hear dialtone but then it goes nowhere.

Has anyone setup any Polycom VVX Series phone with there Obitalk account?

Thank you all for any help.

drgeoff

khanjedi

Oh wow. thanks for that clarification.

As that Post was more then 6 months ago, can you confirm the VVX, OBi Edition phones will not work with the consumer free Obitalk/google voice product?

SteveInWA

The VVX series does not now, nor will it ever work with the consumer version of Google Voice.  Neither Poly nor Google have any interest in doing that.

khanjedi

Well damn, that sucks. I really like the polycom phones of the past, and wanted to use there newer tech at home. The Obihai's are nice, but just don't hear the same quality through the handset, speaker.

Thank you all for the help.